Archived Ghost Location Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when I was pulling in the EnE back room today one of the batches directed me to a location that didn't exist on the steel. I went to where it should have been (15A03) and the first case stock location was 15A04. I couldn't find it anywhere, looked for a good amount of time even though I knew I wouldn't find it.

First question: How does this happen? Things being backstocked into locations that don't exist.

Second question: What should I do if I cant find a location?

This has happened once before, in a different location. Same thing, it wanted a case stock loc that didn't exist on the steel. I told the backroom team lead, I think he just printed a label and locu'ed it.

Sometimes when the labels are printed off the sheets, location barcodes carry onto the next one and sometimes it's just barely there. So it's possible someone could have scanned that location. Another possibility is that stuff may have been moved locations changed and not locud.
If you can't find the location let your leader know, he might know something about it. They or yourself can print the location that doesn't exist then locu it then delete it.

Sometimes when the labels are printed off the sheets, location barcodes carry onto the next one and sometimes it's just barely there. So it's possible someone could have scanned that location. Another possibility is that stuff may have been moved locations changed and not locud.
If you can't find the location let your leader know, he might know something about it. They or yourself can print the location that doesn't exist then locu it then delete it.
This. And keep an eye out for barcodes that run over from another locaction. If you find one, take your box knife & cut a notch out of the unwanted barcode so it's unscannable.

Ah, that makes sense. Ive seen one or two of those...I will definitely check tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back