Archived Gift Registries Moving To iPads?

Do you think this will be a good move (registry kiosks moving to iPads)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also the *very* old style kiosk. Most were upgraded to the Laser Kiosks we all enjoy now

We didn't get the iPads yet and the other things are out of order. After work one day me, my brother, and his girlfriend were gonna do their registry together. I did the registration on the iPod scanner with one of my email addresses do they could change it later. This made sense because I got off ten minutes before they got there so it was ready to scan when they got there. I typed my email address wrong and was locked out! Stupid touch screen. Of course iPads are larger than iPods so it might be okay. But in the event someone else makes a typo like that without noticing it, the call center people are not the greatest. The sound quality on their end was bad, then add in accents (they didn't understand me, I didn't understand them) and it was a frustrating process. I did get it fixed, though, so that's good.

Ohh, and in some spots of my store, there are WiFi deadzones so naturally the iPod didn't scan as easily a few times when we were closer to the dead zone. Otherwise, it was easy to use and they liked it better than babies r us (what they described sounded like the old PDA guns)

What's not to love about FA Cutlery?

My store's cheap and takes the FA cutlery and stocks it in the breakroom for us to use instead of requisitioning heavy duty stuff. As it's not made for really hot food, it melts when using it for hot microwaved stuff.

Thermal paper?

Never heard that message. Ours is always paper jam messages.

I've never heard the thermal paper message either. What is thermal paper used for at the kiosks anyways? We just use regular copy paper in the registry printers, and only the cash registers use rolls of thermal paper for receipts.
Thermal paper is used in one of the types of kiosks. It is much thinner and has a roll. It then cuts it into 8.5 by 11

It's also the *very* old style kiosk. Most were upgraded to the Laser Kiosks we all enjoy now

That would explain a lot. We have the "new" kiosks with laser printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back