Archived Gift Registries Moving To iPads?

Do you think this will be a good move (registry kiosks moving to iPads)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

catrainer

Has anybody heard about the registry kiosks moving to iPads? I heard someone saying that they saw something about it and I was thinking "about time we get faster!" if that is true.

I am confused as well. That is why I was posting it here to see if anybody has heard any details.

There will be two iPads with a Bluetooth printer in the middle. You'll be able to do everything you can do on the kiosks now, except they won't access target.com.

I think the cooler thing is when the iPod touches roll out, the registry guns will move to them also, and people can start a registry straight from the gun.

We'll also be able to sort lists.

I read the rollout guide yesterday when I was at the service desk.

Is the rollout guide accesible on workbench?

Also, we currently have 3 kiosks. Will we be losing one? Also, will the iPad system be a lot faster because it is not uncommon to take 10 minutes to pull one up at our store with the touch computers.

The rollout guide was a booklet on the counter. As far as speed your guess is as good as mine.

All the stores near me only have 2 kiosks because they pulled out all of the thermal roll paper ones out

We currently have one thermal paper one and the 2 regular ones.

The iPads are constantly having issues as is. Why Target is pushing Apple tech in our stores so hard is a mystery to me.

I wonder how much Apple is giving them a discount on their products.

except they won't access target.com.

Crap. I use that for finding DPCIs.

As long as this gets rid of the annoying glitch that sounds off on the walkie, then I'll be happy. Glitch is as follows:
REGISTRY KIOSK THERMAL PAPER LOW. GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.
REGISTRY KIOSK THERMAL PAPER LOW. MESSAGE HAS BEEN CLEARED.

REGISTRY KIOSK PAPER JAM.
GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.
REGISTRY KIOSK PAPER JAM. MESSAGE HAS BEEN CLEARED.
GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.
GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.
REGISTRY KIOSK PAPER JAM...

GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.
GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.
GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.

When I heard that shrill harpy's voice the first time, I felt deep in my twisted, shriveled soul that Hell was not fire and brimstone. No, it was the imdyme woman reminding me forever that the JAM HAS NOT CLEARED.

Those are sooooooo annoying.

my personal favorite is still...
TESTING
1 2 3 4 5
5 4 3 2 1
but only because for the longest time I thought that was one of our guest service team members. He sounded exactly like the indyme voice.

TESTING
1 2 3 4 5
5 4 3 2 1
but only because for the longest time I thought that was one of our guest service team members. He sounded exactly like the indyme voice.
I have never heard that one.

GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.
GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.
GSTL PLEASE RESPOND.

This happened at my store the other night. After a while, I just started pressing the button on my walkie to block it out.

The iPads are constantly having issues as is. Why Target is pushing Apple tech in our stores so hard is a mystery to me.

I wonder how much Apple is giving them a discount on their products.

except they won't access target.com.

Crap. I use that for finding DPCIs.

As long as this gets rid of the annoying glitch that sounds off on the walkie, then I'll be happy. Glitch is as follows:

Ha, your sure you don't work at my store?! Lol. I have a ear piece hooked up to my walkie. I yank that sucker out when she starts up! :D

TESTING
1 2 3 4 5
5 4 3 2 1

Ha, I've only heard that once and I thought it was one of our SrTLs. He sounded EXACTLY the same.

TESTING
1 2 3 4 5
5 4 3 2 1

Ha, I've only heard that once and I thought it was one of our SrTLs. He sounded EXACTLY the same.

I thought it was someone at my store. They sounded the same. >.<

There will be two iPads with a Bluetooth printer in the middle. You'll be able to do everything you can do on the kiosks now, except they won't access target.com.

I think the cooler thing is when the iPod touches roll out, the registry guns will move to them also, and people can start a registry straight from the gun.

We'll also be able to sort lists.

I read the rollout guide yesterday when I was at the service desk.

In Baby 360 stores there will be two more iPads with a printer along with some registry PDAs / iPods in Infants Dept.

TESTING
1 2 3 4 5
5 4 3 2 1

I thought it was someone at my store. They sounded the same. >.<

I remember thinking (along with everyone else) that it was the GSTL at my old store.

The booklet actually did say that it'll announce once that a guest is signing up and then nothing. An LOD is suppose to come and greet the guest and congratulate them. I don't see that happening at all at my store but I am very excited to get rid of those stupid lpdas. Yesterday I had to give one guest 6 different ones so she could finish her registry.

It's already best practice that the LOD is supposed to show up and welcome/congratulate them. I sincerely doubt this happens in any store.

And yes, those stupid registry PDAs have gotten much, much worse in the nearly two years I've done guest service. It used to be just one that I knew not to give out...now it's a crapshoot. I'm just curious if they are going to obviously look like iPods and will be stolen for that fact.

The booklet actually did say that it'll announce once that a guest is signing up and then nothing. An LOD is suppose to come and greet the guest and congratulate them. I don't see that happening at all at my store but I am very excited to get rid of those stupid lpdas. Yesterday I had to give one guest 6 different ones so she could finish her registry.
Our existing system does that. When a guest starts a registry, it says something like "Guest registering for Club Wed/Baby, GSTL please respond with scanner and kit."

Our existing system does that. When a guest starts a registry, it says something like "Guest registering for Club Wed/Baby, GSTL please respond with scanner and kit."

Yes, but the existing system also radios a "2nd request. Who is responding?" and a "Final Request." There is also a button to clear on the kiosk. This is all annoying for multiple reasons: (1) you usually have to awkwardly interrupt guests in the middle of typing in order to clear the button, (2) it auto-clears a few seconds after the final request, and (3) we're not even scored on these, unlike the sales floor endymes.

The new iPads are supposed to only do an initial announcement over the walkie, and there won't be a button to clear.

I'd be completely okay with getting full replacements of the same registry machines we use right now... Nothing wrong with them other than the fact that they're falling apart.
The iPads will be interesting, though. We get ours installed in a couple weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back