Archived Giving notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I just had an interview at a different company and the manager said the odds were looking good for my chances. Problem is, training starts on July 21, so I wouldn't be able to give spot two weeks. Does this matter, considering that I'm still within my 90 days? I'll finish out what's been scheduled for next week, but not the schedule they just put up today.

If you leave without doing your two weeks , you wont be able to come back, ( if for whatever reason you wanted to which I am pretty sure you wont :) ..) but that's pretty much the only downside to not working out your two week notice. Let them know you are leaving etc. Just make sure about the other job before you burn the Spotted bridge and you should be fine...and good luck!

If you go to HR, tell them why you need to leave in less than two weeks and act properly contrite it's possible they won't put you down as non rehireable.

Good luck and congratulations,.

Well, I got the call, and I DID get the job. I don't plan on reapplying with Spot in the future, so do I even need to give a formal written notice?

It'd be unprofessional and might affect your "re-hirable" status.

Screw Target. I wouldn't necessarily just stop showing up but I also wouldn't be concerned whether it is a full 2 weeks or not. Trust me, most stores would do little to accommodate the team members needs, so do what you have to do.

Never say never. I've seen lots of tm's leave with notice and they came back. Others that wanted to come back and without having given notice when they left, they won't be coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back