Archived Going back to work after a work injury ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 3 months of work comp ,I am back ( more or less ),I still have therapy every other day and at least one more surgery .

I am obviously on light duty,but nowhere close to working my average of 36 hrs a week.

I was getting a weekly check ( 66 2/3 % of my average wages). My case worker is always out of his office,and when I get ahold ,he can't be bothered to answer my question. ( the amount sent for mileage doesn't even match an exact amount of miles !!!)....

So ,my question,since I am back at work ,but working less hrs,how will I get paid? ( any supplement from work comp?)

My hr is ( how can I say it nicely ????) a brainless 20 something with red high heels who only uses crayons for her daily craft!!!!

Usually when you come back on light duty from a work injury, your hours are charged out. I recently was hurt at work and put on light duty, got better had to go back for a check up and my STL was like tell them you need 3 more weeks of light duty. Later I was told all my hours were being charged out, not sure to who, but my hours were not counted towards our stores payroll.

When I went on workers comp, they asked me what my monthly salary was. I told them I worked hourly and it would vary week to week. They asked what my best guess was, I gave them 35 hours worth a week. They said OK...

You should be able to get a full 40 hours if you wanted them. I was out on workers comp and when I came back I was able to work a full 40 hours because I was on Doctor appointed light duty for several weeks and Target charges those hours to a different account that does not affect store hours since they come out of a different account. It worked out great for me because my work center had very few hours for those couple months so I was getting 40 hours while the rest of my team only got like 2 or 3 days. So if you can work 30-40 hours a week just ask about those special injury hours they have

The thing is ,I can not work 40 hrs , i am not changing my availability ( I would have to pay daycare,and that would defeat the purpose of earning money) ,I have 2 hrs of therapy everyday which cuts into my work hours and leave me in pure agony,plus doc's visit every week!

Just learned ,that my etl hr doesn't answer any of her emails on time or phone calls from work comp! Work comp has to keep calling her to know if I worked that week,and if so,how many hrs!
I am now 3 weeks behind on my benefits!!and the other tms who are also on work comp are waiting for their benefits too.
I wonder if I should call the hotline on her!

The thing is ,I can not work 40 hrs , i am not changing my availability ( I would have to pay daycare,and that would defeat the purpose of earning money) ,I have 2 hrs of therapy everyday which cuts into my work hours and leave me in pure agony,plus doc's visit every week!

Just learned ,that my etl hr doesn't answer any of her emails on time or phone calls from work comp! Work comp has to keep calling her to know if I worked that week,and if so,how many hrs!
I am now 3 weeks behind on my benefits!!and the other tms who are also on work comp are waiting for their benefits too.
I wonder if I should call the hotline on her!

I would, she is clearly not doing her job.
I can understand getting behind on the paperwork but not responding to the emails is criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back