Archived going dc to store as a tl

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfit05

Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. /
I'm considering transferring from the DC to the store as a TL (currently team member at dc ) was told I keep my current pay rate benefits etc. just trying to find out more are there any areas I should try to be a tl in or certain ones to avoid if possible ( department wise) what is the usual schedule as far as days off in the store for a tl? any other information or input is also welcome. thanks in advance

You might want to check with HR about the pay. As far as I know, if you transfer from DC-to-store, you take on store-side pay and lose that oh-so-sweet DC paycheck.

we had a BR-TL come from a DC he took a pay cut ,don't know how much. His wife got a job and moved with her.
Now they both moved back and he is working at a DC again.

1 day off per week and alternating weekends. LOD shifts if you go as a Senior TL. 8 hour shifts.

You'd probably be more used to backroom and/or Logistics processes and I'd recommend those positions.

I came from the store and, though I haven't been at a DC for long, it would take a lot of convincing for me to go back to the store at this point.

Please keep in mind that you will have to deal with guests and the store culture is much different than the DC. I found the stores to be far more political when it came to promotions and other dealings. Just my 2 cents from my experiences as a TM.

Last edited:
You obviously have experience in logistics by working at the DC. If you like where you're at and what you're doing, then flow or backroom TL positions might appeal to you.

The last DC TM that came to our store took on the APTL position and enjoyed that.

If you like doing your own thing and not relying other workcenters to perform their roles properly, then Starbucks or Cafe TL positions fit that niche.

Sales Floor TLs probably need to be the most global of all leads in the store.

If you like being aggravated non-stop by guests and TMs, GSTL is definitely for you!

I doubt you'll get much of a choice of what position you want, as the store you're going to will most likely put you where they have an opening.

You obviously have experience in logistics by working at the DC. If you like where you're at and what you're doing, then flow or backroom TL positions might appeal to you.

The last DC TM that came to our store took on the APTL position and enjoyed that.

If you like doing your own thing and not relying other workcenters to perform their roles properly, then Starbucks or Cafe TL positions fit that niche.

Sales Floor TLs probably need to be the most global of all leads in the store.

If you like being aggravated non-stop by guests and TMs, GSTL is definitely for you!

I doubt you'll get much of a choice of what position you want, as the store you're going to will most likely put you where they have an opening.
I Do have a background in retail and business/retail management before coming to target approximately 10 years of management in retail and a total of 16 years in retail over all so im fine with customers and customer interaction, and ive spoke with an incoming gl ( om) we just received in my dc and department, she also suggested logistics for the similarity to my current position in inbound / receiving. thanks for all the input guys welcome to any more responses. just trying to work up the mind to make the decision currently looking in the Jacksonville / orange park area for my transfer

I don't know what your education background is like, but some districts are allowed to be a little more lenient now when it comes to adding ETL's without degrees. With your experience, it might be something you want to consider.

I don't know what your education background is like, but some districts are allowed to be a little more lenient now when it comes to adding ETL's without degrees. With your experience, it might be something you want to consider.
I have attended with a major in business admin and accounting i intend on returning to school in the spring to finish my 4 year. What would you say the likely hood of the etl position without degree if you had to say a percentage of it occurring? and any idea how i go about the transfer? do i just go online and apply or do i go through my hr office here ?

I have attended with a major in business admin and accounting i intend on returning to school in the spring to finish my 4 year. What would you say the likely hood of the etl position without degree if you had to say a percentage of it occurring? and any idea how i go about the transfer? do i just go online and apply or do i go through my hr office here ?

I'm unsure of the percentage and this change in policy is quite new.

I'd partner with your OM and HR to chat with stores in your area that may be interested in you and your experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back