Archived Going from TL to Senior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently a PG 13 TL and have been approached about interviewing for Senior however, they are so secretive about pay that they won't give me a straight answer about what I am to expect. I want to have a good idea what I am looking at before I accept. I work at an ULV GM store so it would entail 2-3 LOD shifts a week. If I'm only looking at $1.50 to $2 increase I'm not sure it would be worth my while. Thanks for any info that you might have.

I am currently a PG 13 TL and have been approached about interviewing for Senior however, they are so secretive about pay that they won't give me a straight answer about what I am to expect. I want to have a good idea what I am looking at before I accept. I work at an ULV GM store so it would entail 2-3 LOD shifts a week. If I'm only looking at $1.50 to $2 increase I'm not sure it would be worth my while. Thanks for any info that you might have.

You are right on the money with the increase. Ask for more!! Depending on your experience, asking for 3 is NOT out of line. Be ready to sell yourself!

I wasn't sure if I could ask for more... When I went from Brand to TL the increase was $3 because how I understood it was I was taken to the min. and then my raises from over the years were stacked on top of that. I wasn't sure if that's how Senior worked if I was taken to say a min of $15 and all my raises were stacked on top of that or since I'm already a TL if its just an across the board raise.

The standard raise is $1.75 to $2 at best when going from PG13 TL to Sr. TL. I was able to rangle more than that because I felt I was worth it, my ETL-HR who I worked directly for as HR SDTL and my HRBP felt I was worth more. The other Sr. TL that got promoted at exactly the same time as me got the standard $1.75 and was not aware of the inequuty.

Yeah you can certainly ask for more, especially when you're going for a Sr.TL role, which is basically the highest hourly PG in the store. You get to have way more wiggle room than a PG5 TM going to PG7 for example. But keep in mind that Target revamped the PG systems this year.. so if you're going from PG13 to PG15 (new sr. PG), you'll have less wiggle room than if you're in PG 17 (exp. Sr. PG). But regardless, if they want you as a sr.TL, they'll accept your offer if it's $1-2 more than what they put on the table.

Plus at the end of the day, we're all here to get compensated for our time. With additional workload and expectations, it's in your best interest to seek more. Trust me, your ETL-HR and HRBP don't work for free either lol

PS.. When I was with the company not too long ago, I was a PG 11.. making $13.50/hr after 4 years. I started out as a PG9 working for $9.25/hr. It's important you seek more when it comes to promotion time, otherwise you have to grit your teeth knowing you're not being fairly compensated for your time.

Thanks for all the advise...I have a dollar amount in mind if its not offered I will be asking for it.

3$ an hour is what you can get for 3 to 5 years TL experience, plus up to 2$/hour for going from a pg 13 to pg 17.

It is really your STL and ETL-HR that can make the ultimate decision. Generally it is 1.75-3.00, depending on what your current pay is etc. For example if you are a TL making around 11.00, you may receive around 3.50. It really just depends on if your store wants to try and get you more. The STL's really can give you a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back