Archived Going out of business sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

Just wondering how everyone's stores are holding up. We did a 85% comp yesterday for our store. Some of my departments like boys/girls did a 150% comp. Also had made our sales goal some time around mid afternoon today. I feel like I got nothing done today with all of the back-ups, guest service, and picking the crap from the floor (not a real zone). I guess I should not say that I had a really broken endcap in infant hardlines, so I set a Valentines Day endcap, as it was the only one that was 100% ready. With all of the clearance in boys/girls and in NIT my areas will look like I am having a going out of business sale. Also am seeing this in small electrics and toys of course. Not sure if we have gotten any sort of a zone for several days in a row. Kind of wished I could have come in with the price change folks tonight to work in my areas. Not sure if they have worse with 7000 eaches or if I have it worse. Kind missing the other TL in softlines, despite the fact I know he really did not want to be there and I could tell that it was not a good fit for him.

Last and certainly least:
YES I AM CRAZY!!!!
21 Christmas's proves it.

our store looks terrible. Yesterday we blew sales by 150k and left 98 carts of abandon. Today we hit our forecast by 12pm and had 97 redcards when i left at 5. I have never been so happy to walk out that door!

HA...well, hopefully we all did well...just laughing because if the appearance of the store once the dust settles is any indication, the store I work at oughta be #1 in the district all day, every day, even on leap year!!!

We blew through sales the past two days. Today, we made up for our entire deficit for last week. It's pretty cool when it happens, but otherwise it sucks.

I blew through 3 checklane endcaps and two sections of savor spot today.

Let's not even talk about how much money I had to advance out of 239 today...

our store looks terrible. Yesterday we blew sales by 150k and left 98 carts of abandon. Today we hit our forecast by 12pm and had 97 redcards when i left at 5. I have never been so happy to walk out that door!

What volume is your store? That sounds like a fun time over there. I'm at an A+ volume store and we made blew our sales by 100k yesterday and are projected 470k today. But 97 red cards?!?!? we only got 46 so thats why I was asking. And last night we left an uncountable amount of reshop. It's a fun time of year!

What volume is your store? That sounds like a fun time over there. I'm at an A+ volume store and we made blew our sales by 100k yesterday and are projected 470k today. But 97 red cards?!?!? we only got 46 so thats why I was asking. And last night we left an uncountable amount of reshop. It's a fun time of year!

we're A+ too. it was a crazy weekend! Today we met sales by 1pm and were over by 190k.

We are missing sales by 30-40k for the couple of days, but the forecast is so much higher than last years sales, but we are still close to the top. :)

We made sales by 3-4PM so it was a pretty busy day. Had loads of people coming in the last hour it was rediculous

we started our closing announcements early and started saying we were closed at 10 til. Our last guest left at 9:01, the team left at 9:03, and the TL's and ETL left at 9:10. I was impressed considering how much we were over in sales.

Do you guys finish up on Christmas Eve? We do what we can until close but then we just leave. But even in saying that we did get the zone done.

we started our closing announcements early and started saying we were closed at 10 til. Our last guest left at 9:01, the team left at 9:03, and the TL's and ETL left at 9:10. I was impressed considering how much we were over in sales.

Do you guys finish up on Christmas Eve? We do what we can until close but then we just leave. But even in saying that we did get the zone done.

I have never seen our store stay much past closing on Christmas Eve. Even back in the back in the day when we would stay until it was done on most days, we never stayed late on Christmas Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back