Archived Going to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working backroom at Target for 2 months but found a better job. How do I put in a 2 week notice, or do I just call and say I quit? I heard they only give the date you started and ended work for references so I'm thinking of just calling to quit.

I've been working backroom at Target for 2 months but found a better job. How do I put in a 2 week notice, or do I just call and say I quit? I heard they only give the date you started and ended work for references so I'm thinking of just calling to quit.

I'm a big believer in giving two weeks just for the karma.
You don't have to but it makes it easier to transition your spot and even gives them time to find someone.

You can get a voluntary termination form from your team leads or anybody in HR.
The respectful thing to do is work the remaining shifts through your two-week notice. That way, you're eligible for rehire if you ever need to come back. I know countless former team members who didn't do a two-week notice, and almost every single one regretted it because they needed a job later and weren't able to be rehired. Try not to burn your bridges as you cross them :)

there's no point in giving 2 weeks in all reality. You can't use target as a actual reference, it just keeps you from ever being hired again. If you're cool with screwing people over go for it.

Proper notice would be two weeks, if you don't fulfill a two week notice, you will most likely be marked as non-rehirable and will never be able to be rehired...

i would just let someone know.... tell your etl or hr etl that.. "im giving my two week notice today" that way you will be labeled as "rehireable" in the system just in case you need to return in the future... because you NEVER know what could happen.. so i would just put your 2 weeks in just in case you need it down the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back