Archived Good things and benefits with being an ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an assistant store manager at walgreens with almost ten years in. I see a posting for an stl in training. Should I go for that or etl and what should I ask for in pay?

I am an assistant store manager at walgreens with almost ten years in. I see a posting for an stl in training. Should I go for that or etl and what should I ask for in pay?
With 10 plus years of experience and being an assistant store manager, you can definitely negotiate your pay if you are offered an ETL position which is equivalent to an ASM role.

Use Glassdoor to find out what a Target ETL makes in your state. That should help you negotiate should be anywhere between 50 and 65k.

STL pays six figures but you will around 60 hours a week, taking a lot of work home. Be sure that is what you want.

What do Business Partners usually do?

They are the go to person if you have questions you cant figure out through workbench/mysupport or any of your peers. They are also responsible for talent management and visits to ensure that their areas are running smoothly.

They are the go to person if you have questions you cant figure out through workbench/mysupport or any of your peers. They are also responsible for talent management and visits to ensure that their areas are running smoothly.
I also wondered if the ETLs also report to their respective BPs for specialized areas. Is this true?

I also wondered if the ETLs also report to their respective BPs for specialized areas. Is this true?
They do. PMT to the PMBP, ETL-HR to the HRBP, VMTL to the VMBP, ETL-AP to the APBP. And others, if I'm forgetting anyone.

You probably wouldn't have to negotiate since the ETLs make more than the assistant managers at Walgreens

You probably wouldn't have to negotiate since the ETLs make more than the assistant managers at Walgreens
I wouldn't want Target to take advantage of that fact and pay me lower than everyone else. Not that I'm saying that I should just come in making more than everybody. I do have the experience and a bachelor's degree. I expect somewhere in the middle.

They do. PMT to the PMBP, ETL-HR to the HRBP, VMTL to the VMBP, ETL-AP to the APBP. And others, if I'm forgetting anyone.
The VMTL is different. They just get direction on what their focus should be and their routines. The market leader just analyzes the data and looks over the signature categories in the group.

I wouldn't want Target to take advantage of that fact and pay me lower than everyone else. Not that I'm saying that I should just come in making more than everybody. I do have the experience and a bachelor's degree. I expect somewhere in the middle.
With the experience you'd more than likely start off higher but if you got down to the straight business mindset of the entire thing if you were offered a position as an ETL then there'd be a possibility ONE dept you ran could probably be as big as the store you were an assistant manager at. Not taking anything away from what you do but you might want to find a rebuttal for that if it came up.

With the experience you'd more than likely start off higher but if you got down to the straight business mindset of the entire thing if you were offered a position as an ETL then there'd be a possibility ONE dept you ran could probably be as big as the store you were an assistant manager at. Not taking anything away from what you do but you might want to find a rebuttal for that if it came up.
Thank you for the tip. In that case, are etls specialized? I mean do all etls make a schedule, hire/fire, merchandise, returns, customer service in all departments, organize unloading of warehouse and moving it to the floor, inventory management, solve employee hr problems, and so on? I might say that the physical space my be the same as some departments, but I have a lot of responsibilities that can't be passed on.

Thank you for the tip. In that case, are etls specialized? I mean do all etls make a schedule, hire/fire, merchandise, returns, customer service in all departments, organize unloading of warehouse and moving it to the floor, inventory management, solve employee hr problems, and so on? I might say that the physical space my be the same as some departments, but I have a lot of responsibilities that can't be passed on.
Understood and yes ETLs do all this, but they also have people that are supposed to do this for them. Of the 10 things you listed ONLY ETLs can do one or two of them, everything else a TM does on a daily basis.

I applied for an etl hr position posted. I also see an etl in training post. Is that just an etl with a different name? If so, I should just apply for that one too?

Since you're an external hire any executive position you apply for you'll be an ETL in training first so there isn't any need to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back