Archived Goodbye Cartwheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leo443

I just saw my coworker's post on Facebook saying that Target is taking away Cartwheel and replacing it with another rewards program???? Does anybody know anything about this???

They are also eventually migrating all Cartwheel functionality over to the regular Target app, thus eliminating the need for a separate Cartwheel app altogether. So, if guests say they read that the app itself is going away, that's the reason.

I also read that mobile payments for REDCard holders is on the horizon.

yes it's "target pay". because it would be too hard for target to flip a switch and enable apply pay (our verifone terminals can accept mobile payments, but it's disabled in the software)

yes it's "target pay". because it would be too hard for target to flip a switch and enable apply pay (our verifone terminals can accept mobile payments, but it's disabled in the software)
It's smart because then everyone will have to sign up for a REDCard and REDCard Sales %s will finally reach 100!

All day every day guests complaining about it not working. We spend so much time with the guests because it's not working. Recently it was the $2 & $3 off Tide and Downy.

All day every day guests complaining about it not working. We spend so much time with the guests because it's not working. Recently it was the $2 & $3 off Tide and Downy.

The money ones hardly ever work, the percentage ones do. I've had to email the cartwheel app and show proof of it being in my list and the receipt and they send me gift cards to reimburse. I don't know why it keeps it in the list if it's not valid anymore. If you scan the product too it doesn't show up but it's still in your list. Pain in the ass.

Did they buy the correct ones. First thing I always check and a lot of times, not the right one.. Sometimes though and its happened to me, its a system goof.. And we make it right.

I d the same issue when I bought Gain. I read the offer on cart wheel to make sure I got the same size and e verything ...still didn't take off the 2.00. They verified it was the correct size and had to do a missed coupon

we can always do a missed coupon for the item as long as it's matches exactly with cartwheel and it's 72 hours or less

Samsung pay works at my store, but it's not advertised to guests/TMs

I love cartwheel!

I love cartwheel too. Over $300 in total savings so far.

As far as not working I've only seen two problems, neither catastrophic.

I did have one day where my exclusive offers failed to load to my list. The cashier just read each one carefully and did the "missed cartwheel" price adjustment. But it was fixed the next day.

The only other error I had was MP canned tomatoes and peanut butter wouldn't pull up if I scanned the barcode but could be found when I did a manual search. After a couple of months I called corporate and scanning the barcode works now.

No, we are checking and they are buying the correct items. Corporate claims they want to simplify our sales but continue to ask guests to "jump through hoops" with Cartwheel and gift card offers. A lot of our gift card offers are confusing too.

This is the message i receive when open cartwheel..so for sure Perks is dead but not sure about Cartwheel itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-18-22-38-00.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-18-22-38-00.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 60
I wish we'd get rid of cartwheel. No one actually scans the items to make sure they are part of the offer, let alone read the offer. And it's such a pain in the butt when people forget it or it didn't work the way they wanted it to because there is no way to implement it after the fact.

Corporate is no help since all they tell us is to change the price at guest service and hit k3 for Missed Cartwheel. Great, except if you do it that way, you can only do it one item at a time. Hardly anyone uses cartwheel on one item. It's always 6 or 7 different items and 4 of each of them. We usually just calculate the savings and just do a missed coupon on that amount just to get rid of the guest in a timely manner.

I wish we'd get rid of cartwheel. No one actually scans the items to make sure they are part of the offer, let alone read the offer. And it's such a pain in the butt when people forget it or it didn't work the way they wanted it to because there is no way to implement it after the fact.

Corporate is no help since all they tell us is to change the price at guest service and hit k3 for Missed Cartwheel. Great, except if you do it that way, you can only do it one item at a time. Hardly anyone uses cartwheel on one item. It's always 6 or 7 different items and 4 of each of them. We usually just calculate the savings and just do a missed coupon on that amount just to get rid of the guest in a timely manner.
if it was same day just do wrong payment and scan their cartwheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back