Archived Goodbye Cartwheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are also eventually migrating all Cartwheel functionality over to the regular Target app, thus eliminating the need for a separate Cartwheel app altogether. So, if guests say they read that the app itself is going away, that's the reason.

Idk if they have a slow rollout and/or a/b app testing going on but I have all the cartwheel functions in the target app already (I'm on android). I like using it in the target app because it gives you the price and adds it to your cartwheel as soon as you scan the item. I was helping some guests though and the target app forced them to download cartwheel. I'm not sure if it was because they were on iOS or it had something to do with them being first time cartwheel users...

Idk if they have a slow rollout and/or a/b app testing going on but I have all the cartwheel functions in the target app already (I'm on android). I like using it in the target app because it gives you the price and adds it to your cartwheel as soon as you scan the item. I was helping some guests though and the target app forced them to download cartwheel. I'm not sure if it was because they were on iOS or it had something to do with them being first time cartwheel users...
Full cartwheel has been in target app for a while. Possibly those guests had older versions of the app.

I got a notice about Cartwheel being combined with the app but I don't have a smartphone OR the app.
Does that mean I'm SOL?

Full cartwheel has been in target app for a while. Possibly those guests had older versions of the app.

They downloaded the app in front of me so it wasn't old. I recommended using cartwheel in the target app since I like it that way and think the aisle numbers in search are really helpful, but they clicked the cartwheel button and it opened up the app store to download cartwheel. My new guess is that it was because they weren't logged in to the target app. After it happened twice I just went back to telling them to download the actual cartwheel app

yeah i guess you still need to sign up in cartwheel, or sign up in target app before going into the cartwheel section

Did you originally sign up for Cartwheel using your Target.com account? When I signed up years ago I did it through Facebook. When I try to access Cartwheel through my Target app this is the message I get (see attached image).

Attachments

• IMG_0790.PNG
    IMG_0790.PNG
    222 KB · Views: 34
I'm not seeing that option anywhere. Is it under Settings?
oh I just checked-- the latest update they took it away. used to be in Settings>Accounts and you could link target, facebook, or google. looks like they're phasing out google and facebook which is funny because it was originally facebook only

I was trying to sign up people for cartwheel a few weeks ago---to take advantage of the 30% (whatever brand) clothing sale. Everytime they tried to set up a Target.com account, it gave them an error message. It was frustrating to say the least.

Did you originally sign up for Cartwheel using your Target.com account? When I signed up years ago I did it through Facebook. When I try to access Cartwheel through my Target app this is the message I get (see attached image).

Facebook but at some point I did connect my target.com account. Target's been breaking all their apps lately it seems so I guess the option is gone

Yesterday was the last day to earn points with Perks, but the app rounded up every users points to give everyone an extra perk. I had 5400 points and they rounded mine up to 10,000.

We now have until Sept. 27 to redeem the points and Oct. 27 to use those perks.

Yesterday was the last day to earn points with Perks, but the app rounded up every users points to give everyone an extra perk. I had 5400 points and they rounded mine up to 10,000.

We now have until Sept. 27 to redeem the points and Oct. 27 to use those perks.
Perks are done.

I had it tell me that Cartwheel was rip in peace when I went to use it today. I don't think anybody else at my store knows it's merged over though :(

I had it tell me that Cartwheel was rip in peace when I went to use it today. I don't think anybody else at my store knows it's merged over though :(
No it said cartwheel is now in target and there was a button to ignore the message. By Black Friday I'll bet it'll all be together. So RIP soon but not quite yet.

Awww man, we never got to experience perks! :( Oh well, I guess the good stuff can't last forever. Welcome to regular Cartwheel....it's great. ;)

Is this why I get asked like 8 times a day "is it true you're getting rid of cartwheel????" I'm always like "I've heard nothing about that I don't think so?"
Say "nope, were just integrating it into the main target app. Same thing, same deals, just a new place to find them" or something like that

I deleted my Cartwheel app yesterday. I kind of love that it's in the Target app. I didn't have enough space for both so I had Cartwheel and not Target but would always want Target when I shopped to price check because signs are all effed up at my store, especially in market, and as a TM we aren't allowed to challenge prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back