Archived Goodbye to AP as we know it (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure on the date, I would imagine in February. Here is the picture.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 263
As much as I so looked forward to wearing the uniform when I first became AP, I eventually kept hoping that they would switch to something a little more utilitarian and comfortable. I always found the AP pants to be unbelievably flimsy. I always hoped they would be going towards something more like the DC AP uniform.

My TPS doesn't even wear the TPS uniform, he wears red and khaki with a badge on his belt and handcuffs.

That's not too obnoxious.
Would be nice if they'd make up their mind but what do you expect?
Seems like AP is one of those departments that Spot has seriously mixed feelings about.

As much as I so looked forward to wearing the uniform when I first became AP, I eventually kept hoping that they would switch to something a little more utilitarian and comfortable. I always found the AP pants to be unbelievably flimsy. I always hoped they would be going towards something more like the DC AP uniform.

I like the pants, the shirt bugs me a lot though. Its either too big or too small in certain parts. I think this will be more comfortable

I over heard my stl saying he is going to keep the current ap members in the uniforms, but any new hire will get the new polo.

Ap needs to go plain clothes. Before I started working at target, anytime I would go into a target I would consistently remember that I hate shopping there. When I see a security guard in full uniform I feel the store is high crime and I don't want anything to do with that.I'm sure others feel the same way.

I like the new uniform. The shirt just looks like a normal polo shirt with some kind of logo on it...reminds me of an English football club logo.

If you are busy shoplifting, you aren't going to be paying one bit of attention to what the logo on some random persons blue shirt says. Then when they catch you, you will clearly see it and know they are a legit employee.

I was told AP lose their cashier number when joining AP.

Anyway, AP has a lot of fat. We have two full-time team members to do basic tasks and stand at the door for hours on end. One APS and one TPS is good enough for our store.

I was told AP lose their cashier number when joining AP.

Anyway, AP has a lot of fat. We have two full-time team members to do basic tasks and stand at the door for hours on end. One APS and one TPS is good enough for our store.
If I try to log on to the resister it saids "error number not found" or something

Lol.. I guess I'm the only one who thinks it looks comical. That like a shieldy badge appliqué... Reminds me of kids playing dress up. The faux cop uni was only a good look for the sexy guys who've worn it (my store's had two sexy ones in the past 2.5 years), but security guards everywhere wear the same type of outfit so I had no reaction to it.

The old guy at my store was there for at least ten years so even when he was plain clothed, people knew who he was. People who work there still don't know the new girl exists... Or that she's ap, so this new outfit may work out for her.

Ap needs to go plain clothes. Before I started working at target, anytime I would go into a target I would consistently remember that I hate shopping there. When I see a security guard in full uniform I feel the store is high crime and I don't want anything to do with that.I'm sure others feel the same way.
Meh, if you're turned off by a security guard then I don't know what to tell you. Were you told that police would arrest you if you misbehaved as a child? I honestly don't see the reasoning here.

Target will probably just contract it's loss prevention to another company. Similar to Target Mobile.

I can see where @thatcashierdude is coming from. Uniformed AP makes some people feel safer and they make other people feel less safe since now they apparently need a security officer to be safe. I've found that AP staffing can vary quite drastically between stores and districts, but even more so between groups.

I'm willing to believe that the polo-adorned AP can work. It should look friendlier to normal guests, but should still let theives and would be thieves know that someone is watching them. What concerns me more is AP losing more staffing (which strikes me as an odd direction since they just "reintroduced" TPS a few months ago).

The new TPS uniform looks retarded. I'm quitting if I have to wear it.

The new TPS uniform looks retarded. I'm quitting if I have to wear it.
So you'll become a security guard? Just to wear a "cop like" uniform? I don't really get it. The current uniform does look cool, and I'd take it over the new one any day, but it doesn't seem important enough to quit over.

It's important to me because I have to wear it every day. and no, I'm going into law enforcement.
You could bring it up with your ETL, they might let you keep wearing the current uniform. Some stores are letting their current TPS use their uniforms and only making the new TPS wear the new uniforms, but all stores are not the same. Or just...IDK deal with it or quit. Seems like a dumb thing to quit over though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back