Archived Goodbye Vibe Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello YOU board. I can't remember the actual name of it, but our store is changing the cards and someone will be named employee of the month (not actual name, it's something more Targetish, I just can't remember what it's called, lol). They briefly covered it at huddle which is why I have so little info. Any other stores doing this?

I wonder why Target is bring it back considering most stores got rid of it since 2010ish and now they decide its a good idea to bring it back. BAH

Flow will watch the board shift around, but flow will never see a single name there..

Ha

My store has always done dayside and overnight "Team Hero" but as always it ends up being the same people over and over. And with vibe cards, I just started writing them to our team, every time we save someone's behind = team card that we for example pushed all the batches Plano left on the line, helped pull the CAF round or back up cashiered for an hour.

Our store has "Great Team Hero of the Month" where all the TL and ETL get together and pick someone to be it. They get their name engraved on a plaque that is by the break room.

Flow will watch the board shift around, but flow will never see a single name there..

Ha
We held on ours after they got rid of it for like a year. The plaques are still up. Mostly non tls. Backroom, flow, and all the floor areas are represented equally.

Yeah on are new vibe wall we have one vibe for every position except flow and cart attendant.because know onexactly every sees us lol

It'll still be the same thing. A massive circlejerk of TLs and ETLs kissing asses. "Hey thanks for leading the team so efficiently and with a sense of urgency last night!" (Meanwhile that ETL was nowhere to be seen on the salesfloor.)

I scored Great Team Hero (or whatever they used to call the employee of the month) and the next month they promptly awarded it to one of the LEAST productive TL's - think the Milli Vanilli of Target.

Kind of took the wind out of my sails.

Once you've been around long enough, you realize that the company recycles the same crap over and over again. First it discontinues it-- only to bring back the same concept a few years later. It's pretty comical.

A truly anonymous system would be great. Maybe like a 4chan for each store.

A truly anonymous system would be great. Maybe like a 4chan for each store.
>be me, 20 year loser cashier
>etl come up tell me get three redcards for three hour shift
>get none because no checks
>get coached

Or even better, TM/ETL so-so stinks or other less pleasant words.

Yeah... That would only last a day.

Ah Employee of the Month. Nothing like letting everyone else know they're crap. I don't agree with that either especially when you know it's going to make people feel like shit and then the work place will be even more depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back