Archived Goodbye Vibe Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, the cards on ours are for TMs more often than leadership I think (I don't read all of them, so I could just be missing the ones that are at tall person heights) but they're always for dumb stuff like "thanks for being safe and pushing that tub instead of pulling it!" "Thanks for a great close on a hard weekend!"

It would be empty if the leaders didn't fill it with fluff because no one else ever writes them. If you help me out, I'm gonna thank you 2-3 times when it happens and then that's the end.

Employee of the month: aka 'most popular TM', 'Who's blowin' the boss', 'world's biggest brown-noser', 'TM most likely to contract an STD', 'best at rigging the metrics', etc.

Eh, the cards on ours are for TMs more often than leadership I think (I don't read all of them, so I could just be missing the ones that are at tall person heights) but they're always for dumb stuff like "thanks for being safe and pushing that tub instead of pulling it!" "Thanks for a great close on a hard weekend!"

It would be empty if the leaders didn't fill it with fluff because no one else ever writes them. If you help me out, I'm gonna thank you 2-3 times when it happens and then that's the end.

I write at least one a week, but now that I know there will be a person chosen who's the best, I'm going to start writing more recognition for the people who truly deserve it. I'm sick of seeing, "Good job, Tm-that-does-nothing-but-is-cute-and-wears-tons-of-makeup. You were so helpful!" No description of why. No real reason. Just, "You're my favorite, so here's a card."

There are plenty of TMs who actually deserve recognition, but the ones currently on the board now really don't. That board is going to be full of real recognition. And yet I already know who they're going to choose first.

Lol... #NotAllSoftlinesTMs! I think in my store we write them less than everyone else. The one sl girl who used to write them left. I wrote two once because the hr people had to cover the fr when I had c diff haha. I felt so bad. They're not used to standing all day. Oh and I wrote one once during a raffle contest where they were trying to make us write them more often (writer and recipient of the card were gonna win something).

Our store has "Great Team Hero of the Month" where all the TL and ETL get together and pick someone to be it. They get their name engraved on a plaque that is by the break room.
We don't have a plaque, you just get your picture and a flowery write up by the time clock. We've had the same 3 people for the past 3-4 months now. LOL!

Back in my days, Great Team Cards and Team Hero were a joke for most of the Front End. CA was about the person who receive any cards because they were running all over the store. But cashiers can't tell what the other is doing. Food Ave works alone.

My salesfloor teams were writing cards for bullcrap. Thanks for smiling. Thanks for showing up on time.

Last edited:
Back in my days, Great Team Cards and Team Hero were a joke for most of the Front End. CA was about the person who receive any cards because they were running all over the store. But cashiers can't tell what the other is doing. Food Ave works alone.

My salesfloor teams were right cards for bullcrap. Thanks for smiling. Thanks for showing up on time.
That sums up all the "Vibe" cards at my store. "Thanks for breaking down your boxes" "Thanks for zoning!" "What's a cashier?"

The new cards suck. I have terrible handwriting and they new cards don't have lines on them. I write better with lines! Lol.

Also, "The Vibe" is now going to be our reeducation camp for those team member who stray from the fast fun and friendly culture.

^I don't know whether to sarcasm font that statement.

There needs to be a button and speaker on the "because of you" wall and every time you press the button you get to hear 30 seconds of "because of you" by Kelly Clarkson.

There should also be a "shame" board in which you can shame other team members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back