Archived Got a raise...but wasn't told?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just checking my paycheck for tomorrow and apparently my pay went up 25 cents? I was not aware I had gotten a raise? Anyone else had this happen?

I don't want to say anything in case it was a mistake or something! :pardon:

My market just did a wage survey.... Now I have new TM's making more than TM's that have been here several months, or in a few cases, almost 2 years...... They won't be happy when they find that out!!!

I was just checking my paycheck for tomorrow and apparently my pay went up 25 cents? I was not aware I had gotten a raise? Anyone else had this happen?

Its probably Holiday Season time wages. Or they could have just adjusted your store's base wage.

They are raising the minimum wage in NY and Target is preparing for that. So, we were told we must offer new TMs the additional 25 cents.

Yep. From 7.50 to 7.75/hour. The rationale? Apparently all new hires/seasonal are getting paid 7.75 and Corporate decided, "Why not?" And just threw those quarters at us like we're cheap whores. Oh, well. I'll take it as I only have a week and a half left, then adios Target. :)

I got pulled into the GSTL office the other day and was told it was Target trying to be competitive with their pay. I've got no complaints, I'll take a 25 cent raise any day! :D

I got one too, but, as far as I'm aware, my state's minimum wage hasn't been hired and I make more than minimum wage to begin with. I wasn't told I got it, either, and it's the biggest raise I've gotten in the year and a half I've worked here. You'd think they'd tell me but I'm not going to question it.

nice...cost of living is high over there. It is in this area of NY as well, but they don't account for that. NY minimum wage goes farther in upstate NY than it does in the NY metro area

Indeed. These Manhattan prices (for... well... everything) are insane.

Our store recently raised start rates by $0.25, too. That means anyone making under that start rate for their position will get bumped up to that amount. Be VERY quiet about it, however. You are NOT supposed to talk about pay on the job..... even though a lot of people do.

Funny story...back when I was an electronics TM I got a 50 cent raise out of nowhere that I didnt even notice. Then annual review time came around and my HR ETL marked me as "IE" when my review clearly said "E" (only giving me a 5 cent raise) which had me bring it to her attention and fix it. A few days later she quietly called me in her office and showed that I mistakenly got a raise for nothing. Then I was given the option of leaving the review the way she keyed it and keeping my current pay OR keying the review correctly and forfeiting my "ghost raise". To this day I think she realized she really screwed something up and was just trying to keep me quiet about it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back