Got fired after 6 weeks due to performance- hoping to get rehired

Hi- Target fulfillment was my first job ever. I was really slow at completing carts. I asked for feedback but they always said, you are slow but improving. Then one day they said I wasn't improving fast enough and fired me. They allowed me to finish my shift but said when I clock out that was the end of my employment. I wish I had asked more questions but I was so embarrassed and upset I just went along. The good thing is that I was never late and never missed a shift. I think fulfillment is a bad fit for me because I have mild Autism and ADHD and it is not very structured. Note: I never told them about my diagnoses.
Fast forward 2 months: I just got an interview at a different Target for front of store/cart attend/cashier. Do you think I have a chance? Any tips on the best way to earn another chance with Target. I really liked working there.
Thanks in advance

Well if they called you for an interview they already know about your employment history and probably already reached out to the store you got let go from for feedback about you. I think you have a chance and if it is brought up about you getting fired just be honest like you were above. Make sure to say your do much better in a more structured environment.

Good luck

It’s not unheard of for someone to be a poor fit for one job and a great fit for another. And it’s not unheard of for a store to not have room in the good fit for another TM. Your old store didn’t mark you not rehirable so they probably liked you personally but recognized it wasn’t a good fit.

Hi- Target fulfillment was my first job ever. I was really slow at completing carts. I asked for feedback but they always said, you are slow but improving. Then one day they said I wasn't improving fast enough and fired me. They allowed me to finish my shift but said when I clock out that was the end of my employment. I wish I had asked more questions but I was so embarrassed and upset I just went along. The good thing is that I was never late and never missed a shift. I think fulfillment is a bad fit for me because I have mild Autism and ADHD and it is not very structured. Note: I never told them about my diagnoses.
Fast forward 2 months: I just got an interview at a different Target for front of store/cart attend/cashier. Do you think I have a chance? Any tips on the best way to earn another chance with Target. I really liked working there.
Thanks in advance
If you want structure, no job at target is for you.

Bruh you got fired simply due to not enough hours to give out and you on your 90 days. Don’t sweat it.

Many people with autism are good at self structure.

Many people with autism prefer repetitive work.
Multitasking can be frustrating for some of them.
But part of the repetition is to not throw a bunch of interruptions at them.
Have breaks right on schedule, give clear instructions with no shades of gray, make sure that they have supervisors who don't harass or bully them, and make sure every new supervisor understands exactly how to handle working with them.
Statistics show that if these conditions are carried out you will have an employee who will not call out as much as your regular employees do, will be fiercely loyal to the company working on there on average 5 to 7 year longer then the average employee, and their family will use that company as well as give it good word of mouth.

Last edited:
Back