Archived Got Fired and Marked as Non-Rehirable

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the store management didnt fire me at my old store when i had my screw up with the girl at the cash register when she left before she was supposed to give the last four # of the credit card and she bought gift cards that wouldnt work i didnt get fired but transfered to different location

yes you have a chance of coming back all you were doing was vibing with the guests

no but like the first one

One time a co-worker of mine scanned some items, price adjusted them, printed out the suspend slip and had me ring him up. I had complete knowledge of the whole thing.

should have refused wtf were you thinking i'm glad he got fired too

That was my friend's mom and I "hooked her up."

the most I do for people is open up a register for them. no you do not give them discounts

so I just pressed K4 K2 and gave a 2 dollar discount.

no. just no.

please write the letter to your DTL; I'm sure he or she could use the laugh for the day

Hysterical%20Laughter_zpswqr6yqgh.gif

felt I had so much power as a cashier.
Where did you get that idea?
885f62bdb729813e6ffb5c2638a307fb390843c33241267d5fdc5879820a9fb1.jpg

And the third one was where a team member was using a regular debit card and wanted the team member discount, (which wouldn't go through) so I just pressed K4 K2 and gave a 2 dollar discount.
Would you like to save another 5% on top of that 10% with a redcard? No? Then NO.

You're right about little stuff like that not being looked at all that closely, but if they have a reason to look at you they will find every little unauthorized discount you gave out.
One time a co-worker of mine scanned some items, price adjusted them, printed out the suspend slip and had me ring him up. I had complete knowledge of the whole thing.
You think there is a possibility of working here again? hehehe

I wanted to write a letter to the district manager but I don't even know where to start or if it's worth it.
I'm sure they will be grateful for the humor if you do.

You should've known better. If you really want to "hook people up", pay for stuff using your team member discount on YOUR card and have them pay you back. But even that's questionable whether it's against policy or not, but there's no way to prove it.

When I read this in your post
"After time, once I learned the flow of things, I attained a laid-back attitude, and felt I had so much power as a cashier"
I knew there was going to be a problem. You got too comfortable...I hope you learned your lesson well enough not to ever steal if and when you get a job again - from anyone, anywhere.

(I am new to the forum and would not know exactly where to post this thread)

To make a long story short and brief, here we go.

Got hired as a regular team member back in the Fall of 2014, to be a cashier and eventually getting cross trained in Electronics. After time, once I learned the flow of things, I attained a laid-back attitude, and felt I had so much power as a cashier. Well, I got fired last week. Walked in, LOD wanted to speak to me. She began to ask questions, making sure I knew everything about the registers. Up to when she said she investigates internal and external theft and a TPS member was inside, I knew what was up. They tried to get me to confess any, and I wasnt able to remember, I actually do have terrible memory. Eventually I confessed the one I knew they were looking for, because it involved a team member that was recently fired. Well eventully I was told what was written on the report and I was being fired For three instances where I made the store "lose money."

I knew cash registers were monitored however for some reason I felt they wouldn't go to the extremes of monitoring discounts given. One time a co-worker of mine scanned some items, price adjusted them, printed out the suspend slip and had me ring him up. I had complete knowledge of the whole thing. Another instance was when I gave discounts to a guest when she didn't ask for them. Why? That was my friend's mom and I "hooked her up." And the third one was where a team member was using a regular debit card and wanted the team member discount, (which wouldn't go through) so I just pressed K4 K2 and gave a 2 dollar discount.
Well the co-worker that I rang up the suspend slip got fired for stealing and while getting his interrogation done he threw my name out, which prompted the whole investigation on me. (The sad part is I had known him for years) I don't need anyone putting me down, I already know it's pathetic I lost my job for this. It really is. I was just told I wouldn't be rehirable. Is there any way I could ever work at a Target again in the near future. I had it really good, I knew everyone, got along with GSTL's, was getting 30+ hours, worked in an area with amazing guests, everything was just great. I know this sounds extremely cliche, but I learned my lesson I really did. If i ever got hired again I would never even attempt anything stupid. I wanted to write a letter to the district manager but I don't even know where to start or if it's worth it.

(Excuse me if I rambled)

TL;DR: Got fired for giving discounts, marked as non-rehirable. Is there ANY way I would be able to get my job back, whether at that target or another in any time in the near future?
You NEVER hook up anyone when you are handling company money and definitely don't trust other co-workers who price adjust stuff for themselves. Target is the ONLY company I ever saw who liked to publicly embarrass team members by parading them for theft for what you just described and you are lucky they did not do that to you.

You should've known better. If you really want to "hook people up", pay for stuff using your team member discount on YOUR card and have them pay you back. But even that's questionable whether it's against policy or not, but there's no way to prove it.
That is actually fine. In the handbook iirc, it says if you are paying a part of, you can use your discount card, so as long as it isn't selling the item later for purposeful profiting you are fine. Because otherwise Gifts could fall under that. You get some sort of "pay back" even if its not monetary.

That is actually fine. In the handbook iirc, it says if you are paying a part of, you can use your discount card, so as long as it isn't selling the item later for purposeful profiting you are fine. Because otherwise Gifts could fall under that. You get some sort of "pay back" even if its not monetary.
Yeah, my parents give me money to buy groceries and paper goods often. It saves them a bit of money.

I expected these responses, and it's completely fine. I lost a perfect job over stupidity. I was getting GREAT hours and it was flexible with my schedule. I have to move one. Anyway, would you guys suggest adding them to my resume? And if ever asked in the future by an employer why I was let go I can just say it was a seasonal job? Thoughts?

Anyway, would you guys suggest adding them to my resume?

No, because as soon as any future employer calls Target and discovers you are non-rehireable, they will wonder why.

And if ever asked in the future by an employer why I was let go I can just say it was a seasonal job?

I see you haven't really learned anything, have you? You claim to have understood your mistake, and will not make it in the future, but how can you be so sure when you still want to lie? Whether you're stealing from your employer or lying to them, it's all the same. Dishonesty won't get you anywhere in life. Either put Target on your resume or leave them off -- I would advise the latter.

No, because as soon as any future employer calls Target and discovers you are non-rehireable, they will wonder why.

I see you haven't really learned anything, have you? You claim to have understood your mistake, and will not make it in the future, but how can you be so sure when you still want to lie? Whether you're stealing from your employer or lying to them, it's all the same. Dishonesty won't get you anywhere in life. Either put Target on your resume or leave them off -- I would advise the latter.

Look I messed up, but as the very own ETL stated, "the sad part is you were not even hooking yourself up, you were hooking others up"

But thank you for putting it bluntly, starting with a fresh clean plate would be much better. As far as references, what would you guys recommend? As I just left high school last year and am in college right now.

I expected these responses, and it's completely fine. I lost a perfect job over stupidity. I was getting GREAT hours and it was flexible with my schedule. I have to move one. Anyway, would you guys suggest adding them to my resume? And if ever asked in the future by an employer why I was let go I can just say it was a seasonal job? Thoughts?
You could say that, they will only say the dates you worked for target if they do check. However, it is dishonest and unethical, and it may be better to say you were terminated in case they somehow find out. Or if you say that they might not even consider you. I'd tell them exactly what happened and emphasize that you learned from the experience, tell them how much you wanted your old job back but couldn't get it, someone might give you a chance.
They don't state re-hireable status anymore. Just dates worked.

Yeah if I recall my etl said they can't say anything about me, all they will say is the wage I was being paid and verify the dates I worked.

If you are looking to get back into retail, leave Target off because it is perfectly reasonable for a college student to be looking for their first job.

If you are looking for a corporate type of job...also leave Target off because they won't care about cashier experience.

If you are looking for a corporate type of job...also leave Target off because they won't care about cashier experience.
You're crazy if you think your past responsibilities (full/part time jobs, community service, volunteering, etc.) aren't worth including on a resume early in your career.

I worked my way through undergrad, and it was tough to manage 40 hours of work and 13-15 hours of classes every week. ESPECIALLY if the hiring manager is Gen X, you want your resume to scream that you're the polar opposite of the Millenial worker stereotype. Supposedly the new professionals entering the workplace for the first time today are lazy, undisciplined, spoiled, and entitled.

Not to mention that you never know how someone who has never worked a day in their whole life before will handle a first job, coordinating responsibilities and managing th workload.

My father told me one time he had narrowed down the applicants for a job he was trying to fill to the final two, and the determining factor ended up being that one had worked part time while in school and the other had not. So it's completely possible that including working part time at target on your resume could be the very thing that lands you a six figure job offer.

Target will just confirm the dates you worked, no details about your performance on the job or why you left. Don't lie or be evasive about why you left a job that you were terminated from, even if you think they won't ever find out. If they ask why you left then take responsibility and just say you paid the price for doing the wrong thing and learned your lesson the hard way. And then you get to tell them about all the ways that Target prepared you for their job.

I was fired from my last job, not for something I did wrong but because I committed to reducing our overhead costs by more than I was able to deliver, and that hurt our quarterly earnings. I did my best, but I was just in a little over my head. It's not fun to explain why I was fired when I'm in an interview, but you never want to get caught in a lie.

You're crazy if you think your past responsibilities (full/part time jobs, community service, volunteering, etc.) aren't worth including on a resume early in your career.

That's not what I said at all. I feel that being a cashier and getting fired from it, is not worth putting on a resume.

A few years ago I was in college and working part time, I had an interview for a management position in a rapidly expanding company in the hospitality industry. My interviewer said he was impressed but disappointed that I wasn't fully committed to school. He basically suggested I should stop working and focus 100% on getting my degree.

Gaps in employment history may throw off red flags and some interviewers may want you to explain the reason for it. I would put target down on a resume especially since spot will only confirm you worked for them.

Call it dishonest if you want, but I wouldn't go into the real reason you were fired. That would be a even bigger red flag. That's just my opinion.

When it comes down to being fired it's perfectly fine to say something like 'It was for personal reasons that have since been resolved."
Then continue into your selling spiel about how great you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back