Archived Got Fired and Marked as Non-Rehirable

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I am new to the forum and would not know exactly where to post this thread)

To make a long story short and brief, here we go.

Got hired as a regular team member back in the Fall of 2014, to be a cashier and eventually getting cross trained in Electronics. After time, once I learned the flow of things, I attained a laid-back attitude, and felt I had so much power as a cashier. Well, I got fired last week. Walked in, LOD wanted to speak to me. She began to ask questions, making sure I knew everything about the registers. Up to when she said she investigates internal and external theft and a TPS member was inside, I knew what was up. They tried to get me to confess any, and I wasnt able to remember, I actually do have terrible memory. Eventually I confessed the one I knew they were looking for, because it involved a team member that was recently fired. Well eventully I was told what was written on the report and I was being fired For three instances where I made the store "lose money."

I knew cash registers were monitored however for some reason I felt they wouldn't go to the extremes of monitoring discounts given. One time a co-worker of mine scanned some items, price adjusted them, printed out the suspend slip and had me ring him up. I had complete knowledge of the whole thing. Another instance was when I gave discounts to a guest when she didn't ask for them. Why? That was my friend's mom and I "hooked her up." And the third one was where a team member was using a regular debit card and wanted the team member discount, (which wouldn't go through) so I just pressed K4 K2 and gave a 2 dollar discount.
Well the co-worker that I rang up the suspend slip got fired for stealing and while getting his interrogation done he threw my name out, which prompted the whole investigation on me. (The sad part is I had known him for years) I don't need anyone putting me down, I already know it's pathetic I lost my job for this. It really is. I was just told I wouldn't be rehirable. Is there any way I could ever work at a Target again in the near future. I had it really good, I knew everyone, got along with GSTL's, was getting 30+ hours, worked in an area with amazing guests, everything was just great. I know this sounds extremely cliche, but I learned my lesson I really did. If i ever got hired again I would never even attempt anything stupid. I wanted to write a letter to the district manager but I don't even know where to start or if it's worth it.

(Excuse me if I rambled)

TL;DR: Got fired for giving discounts, marked as non-rehirable. Is there ANY way I would be able to get my job back, whether at that target or another in any time in the near future?

jiFfM.jpg

Any time AP gets involved there isn't a chance of you getting hired back.

lol nah you're never coming back.

there was a couple of hardlines team members fired a couple of months ago for this exact reason. when their friends were checking out, they would go "back up" and give each other like %50 off for every purchase. eventually it caught up to them and a couple of them have lawsuits against them. you have to be dumb to do crap like that honestly.

Really. You provided non-legit discounts on multiple occasions by what you are saying. And you want your job back.

1. Never take a suspended receipt from another TM unless there is some need to move registers, or to transfer a guest to a GSTL/GSA/Guest Services for guest relations. And you always check the transaction.
2. HOOKING up an acquaintance/non-dependent family member/friend with a non-legit discount or let them use your discount...is called STEALING.
3. If a TM does not have their discount card...they don't get their discount...it is POLICY. Keyed in TM#s are tracked. If they are trying to use their Discount on a non-Target Card. That is still against policy.

The power of a Target cashier is little to none but to follow policy and procedures.

It was your responsibility to follow protocol...and you didn't.

Last edited:
Some general rules for life.

Don't steal.
You can give the hook up. - when you own the place.
When you steal from people or a business - they tend not give second chances(only family does this, and they shouldn't)
Learn that your actions have real life effects and this one could hurt.

Really. You provided non-legit discounts on multiple occasions by what you are saying. And you want your job back.

1. Never take a suspended receipt from another TM unless there is some need to move registers, or to transfer a guest to a GSTL/GSA/Guest Services for guest relations. And you always check the transaction.
2. HOOKING up an acquaintance/non-dependent family member/friend with a non-legit discount or let them use your discount...is called STEALING.
3. If a TM does not have their discount card...they don't get their discount...it is POLICY. Keyed in TM#s are tracked.

The power of a Target cashier is little to none but to follow policy and procedures.

The issue wasn't that he keyed in the discount #. Hell, I key in my APTL's # all the time, CTL's too. The isdue is they paid with a regular debit and he manually entered in the discount as a coupon.

As everyone else has said, Target is never going to take another chance with you because if this. Hopefully you've learned a valuable lesson, so your best bet at this point is to move on.

Focus your time and effort into finding another job; perhaps something where you wouldn't be operating a register would be best.

Nope. If it was for performance reasons, there MAY have been a chance, but only if you were REALLY well-liked by your ETL and STL, and you'd have had zero chance at another store. Unfortunately, even as a crosstrained cashier, you are still a cashier, and the store can replace a cashier more easily, so you have even more pressure not to screw up. It sucks, but that's unfortunately the way it is.

Being fired for AP reasons, you can't work at Target again.

There's a few people in the store you don't piss off:
The HRTM or whoever writes your schedules, The GSTL (if cashier/salesfloor), your ETL.

And then, there is the one workcenter you REALLY don't piss off or even mess with.

AP.

If a pin drops in the store, AP knows about it. If you so much as log on to a register, AP knows about it. And Target has Investigations Centers built especially to catch internal theft/fraud/scams.

I also kinda get the feeling that they don't monitor the registers all that well, but they can pull up a TON of information if they have a reason to investigate. I don't know about that keying TM numbers in thing, I do it all the time for team members that work at my store. Some stores require the discount card though.

What you did was stupid and you won't be getting a job at any target store again. Go look for another, possibly better job. Stay away from cash registers if you can't resist giving unauthorized discounts to people you know.

I also kinda get the feeling that they don't monitor the registers all that well, but they can pull up a TON of information if they have a reason to investigate.

At my store, they have a camera directly above every register pointed straight down at the cashier. If a cashier takes a bill out, "drops" it, and pockets it, AP can see that very easily. Also, every single scan and key command is recorded and displayed on the screen in real time.

At my store, they have a camera directly above every register pointed straight down at the cashier. If a cashier takes a bill out, "drops" it, and pockets it, AP can see that very easily. Also, every single scan and key command is recorded and displayed on the screen in real time.
It's the same here, I think that the perception that registers aren't monitored that well comes from the amount of policy breaking we do with them, from giving discounts out for the assholes that yell the loudest, giant target coupons for some guest that forgot their redcard, or ridiculous ($40 or more) price changes because an LOD is too lazy to get on the walkie for 2 minutes to check a price. I've never been talked to about any of this. I realize that there are a million cameras pointed at the registers and that everything is logged.

It's the same here, I think that the perception that registers aren't monitored that well comes from the amount of policy breaking we do with them, from giving discounts out for the assholes that yell the loudest, giant target coupons for some guest that forgot their redcard, or ridiculous ($40 or more) price changes because an LOD is too lazy to get on the walkie for 2 minutes to check a price. I've never been talked to about any of this. I realize that there are a million cameras pointed at the registers and that everything is logged.

That's why for the extra big stuff, I let ap know. Heck, they may still log it and check into it, but at least it won't come up as a surprise, and we have ground to work from when they are wondering if something is going on.

"Hi, I murdered three people. Is there any chance I will be let out into the general population again?"

Actually, yes depending. I read one report out of California was that a someone convicted of a murder could be out in 8 years. Depending on the charge of murder conviction, behavior in prison and what the overcrowding situation. Death Penalty cases not included. Just appeals take longer than that.

If your fired for performance reasons, like for example stocking a 3 tier cart for 3 hours(the same one) lately for a month.

& say your managers like you and you help every guest answer calls all the time and help guests etc. But you have had EX on all past performance reviews.

Would you still be rehirable? or is there always a chance you will never be rehired again?

You stole. You got fired. Non-rehireable means you will not be rehired, especially in this situation. Take this to heart and don't make the same mistakes again at your next job.

Additionally, I hope you learned that your friends aren't always your friends. Most people will do anything to throw the focus off themselves when they feel cornered or threatened. Self-preservation. Nothing to really be mad about since you had to know what you were doing was wrong. That said, this guy has now burned you at least once now, so I'd be wary to trust him or have a whole lot to do with him from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back