Archived Got hired for reverse logistics!... what is revlog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapper

TPS
Hey guys,

So I got hired past seasonal and my ETL-LOG told me that a position as REVLOG has opened up, and he wanted me to train in replenishment for half a month then move me into revlog.

So I know revlog is taking stuff out of the system and sending stuff back, mainly broken stuff and salvaged items, but what does a typical work day look like for them? I know the position seems to be most days 6am-2:30pm, but what is done during that time? What can I expect?

Thanks for the help!

The more common name for the position is Receiving, and there's a ton of info on here if you search for it that way.

Basically you are checking in vendors, processing defectives, loading the sweep, and a million other little things. If your store actually gives you the 40 hours required to be effective, it is possibly the best TM-level position in the store. A set schedule, weekends off, and minimal leadership interference.

The more common name for the position is Receiving, and there's a ton of info on here if you search for it that way.

Basically you are checking in vendors, processing defectives, loading the sweep, and a million other little things. If your store actually gives you the 40 hours required to be effective, it is possibly the best TM-level position in the store. A set schedule, weekends off, and minimal leadership interference.
Weekends of? Not really maybe because I have 2 receivers as for minimal leadership I’m like a hawk on metrics always check on them.

Hey guys,

So I got hired past seasonal and my ETL-LOG told me that a position as REVLOG has opened up, and he wanted me to train in replenishment for half a month then move me into revlog.

So I know revlog is taking stuff out of the system and sending stuff back, mainly broken stuff and salvaged items, but what does a typical work day look like for them? I know the position seems to be most days 6am-2:30pm, but what is done during that time? What can I expect?

Thanks for the help!
Rev log pulls is where all your batches drop, ie : sweep, mirs ( now irs)recalls . rev log is where you process all those batches including vendor credits. Irs no longer have a forecast so your workload can not be planned out anymore so whenever the batches drop you have about 5 days to pull and ship. As a receiver you do all those plus , esim , esim audit crc and salavge that’s with the pda.

It might take you a few weeks to learn what days your vendors typically come to drop stuff off. It won't be the same at every store, but for me I know that Wednesday and Thursdays are the best days for me to catch up on things I need to do because I won't need to be at my desk the whole time. Typically I am not able to pull my IRs until after my lunch because my vendors typically come between 6-11:45.

But it probably is the best regular TM position in the store. Its a ton of work but you have control of your entire day for the most part. I get at least 35hrs a week and weekends off, but I'm usually at 40hrs. Once you get a system in place it usually runs smoothly (although there are times when stuff will get crazy). Be prepared to have TLs coming back to you a ton asking questions and following up on things that need to get done. As long as you get your work done and don't mess thing up royally you are mostly left alone (but this is ASANTS)

Don't be afraid to ask question on here, there are enough receivers on here that we should be able to help you out.

Thanks for all the help guys! Seems like a good position to be in, hopefully I can live up to the standards haha!

I think I'm going to be working with the other receiver since we're both gonna be in school, so hopefully we can figure out a system. Just glad I'm getting hours haha

It's a good job because your leaders will desperately rely on you but also leave you to do your job. Prepare for the downside of coming back from your days off to find piles of crap because #lettherecieverdealwithit

Last edited:
The receiver at the first Target I was at has held it down for 18 years because of the schedule and independence he gets.

Not to mention he loves to shoot the shit about sports with the vendors. :p

This group is your best resource also dont be afraid to call other receivers in your district they can often be very helpful with on the spot issues or questions.

Receiving is the only job I wouldn’t have minded working when I quit.

Everything others have said is true.

Probably the biggest gripes will be other people fucking up your area on a regular basis because their supervisors aren’t doing their jobs.... and vendors trying to get away with shit. The wine vendors were always the worst at my store always over delivering and they don’t take stuff back so... yeah...

Receiving is the best job to have in Target stores and it’s not close. Well, it was when I quit, anyways.

Receiving is the only job I wouldn’t have minded working when I quit.
Same here. I probably would have been able to hold out a bit longer if I was the full-time receiver. They wanted me to delay going part time by one week so I could cover the receiver’s vacation, and it was so damn hard to turn that down.

Same here. I probably would have been able to hold out a bit longer if I was the full-time receiver. They wanted me to delay going part time by one week so I could cover the receiver’s vacation, and it was so damn hard to turn that down.

It's driving me out of the building covering for our receiver. god damn there needs to be three of her to get done what needs to get done..

It's driving me out of the building covering for our receiver. god damn there needs to be three of her to get done what needs to get done..
3 ? Wtf reverse logistics it’s easy if you have a routine .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back