Archived Got hired, no call for orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I got hired on December 20th. They told me they might not have orientation this week, which is understandable because of the holidays. However, I'm kind of stressed about it because I have rent and bills and need to start working asap.

Just wanted to ask others how long it took you to get called for orientation? If it's gonna take weeks or even a month or more, I'd rather know now so I can try to pickup some work in between.

Thank you!

This was 7 years ago, but I was hired in early October and didn't have orientation until November 1

Keep looking for another job while you wait to be called for orientation. You may find a job that will give you enough hours to live on, because even if Spot calls you, hours will be slim for months, probably until July when back-to school starts. You can always keep Target as a second job. Who knows how long it will take your store to find the hours to hold an orientation at this time of year? Good Luck!

I got hired on the 21st and my orientation isn't until January 11th (they called me on Thursday). I don't even understand why they're still hiring me since I was hired as seasonal and my interviewer said they usually cut seasonals at the beginning of February. I'm still applying to other jobs in the meantime.

I went through orientation and worked two weeks before they fired me for calling in one day because of a severe snowstorm (and I mean really severe) so, I guess that's that lol. And you guys were right, they were only giving me 20hrs a week which is unliveable.

In the meantime, I got a higher paying full time job as a loss prevention officer. Thank you guys for your responses, though! I appreciate it.

Best wishes ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back