Archived Got my 7 month review

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Well since reviews are always in May, I got mine and I started working in October, so I got my 7 month review! I have to say that I was a little nervous because I'm not sure what they'll say, but I was reassured that I was doing what they asked. My two improvements that they told me to work on was the obvious one: Getting more Redcards, and then having more of a urgency to complete tasks which I understand sometimes I don't have.

At the end, she asked if I have any comments to let her know about and at first I was skeptical, but I decided just to say it and she told me she wouldn't say my name and if she does, oh well, I'm not gonna worry about it. I decided just to give a few little suggestions:

- During huddle, have the LOD explain if they want a "run through" type zone, or a "really detailed" zone. I asked this after I was told I was moving too slow while zoning, yet someone got praised for going quicker, but had a really bad zone. However, I asked this just to help myself, because I'm naturally a perfectionist, so if I know what type of zone they are looking for, I think I can adjust better.

- For new people getting hired on the Sales Floor, suggesting that they teach them how to use the red phones/black button on the side. I never had to respond to them since I was switched between Cashier and Sales Floor so often, so once I finally had to respond to one, I had no idea what I was doing or how to, so I think if they remember to show them real quickly, then they won't have to miss the request and then get yelled at for not getting to it on time.

So, I realize that there's always a chance that your name will come up, but in my case, I'd rather just tell them to help future workers and myself, rather than fret, worry and grumble about it every time I come to work. Now that it's off my chest, I can at least do my job without fretting over that stuff, even if nothing changes.

Well since reviews are always in May, I got mine and I started working in October, so I got my 7 month review! I have to say that I was a little nervous because I'm not sure what they'll say, but I was reassured that I was doing what they asked. My two improvements that they told me to work on was the obvious one: Getting more Redcards, and then having more of a urgency to complete tasks which I understand sometimes I don't have.

At the end, she asked if I have any comments to let her know about and at first I was skeptical, but I decided just to say it and she told me she wouldn't say my name and if she does, oh well, I'm not gonna worry about it. I decided just to give a few little suggestions:

- During huddle, have the LOD explain if they want a "run through" type zone, or a "really detailed" zone. I asked this after I was told I was moving too slow while zoning, yet someone got praised for going quicker, but had a really bad zone. However, I asked this just to help myself, because I'm naturally a perfectionist, so if I know what type of zone they are looking for, I think I can adjust better.

- For new people getting hired on the Sales Floor, suggesting that they teach them how to use the red phones/black button on the side. I never had to respond to them since I was switched between Cashier and Sales Floor so often, so once I finally had to respond to one, I had no idea what I was doing or how to, so I think if they remember to show them real quickly, then they won't have to miss the request and then get yelled at for not getting to it on time.

So, I realize that there's always a chance that your name will come up, but in my case, I'd rather just tell them to help future workers and myself, rather than fret, worry and grumble about it every time I come to work. Now that it's off my chest, I can at least do my job without fretting over that stuff, even if nothing changes.

Dude, you are making the mistake of thinking that you actually "lack of sense of urgency".

The fact is, if you are just hearing about this now, it is bull sh**. In other words, they just made something up to justify your review score.

Fact is, the reviews are really just for show. I used to be a TL - I literally had to almost make stuff up to justify low review scores for TMs who were either excellent or otherwise doing fine. (my favorite BS line our ETL-HR had us use on reviews years ago, "sorry, I had to mark you down because you didn't give out enough great team cards")

Trust me, if they really had a problem with your "sense of urgency", you would have been coached on the floor/off stage long ago. They wouldn't be holding off on telling you about this "issue" for your review.... Working slow is something that you will immediately be told about either by a TL or ETL on the night it happens, especially if it is such a serious (ongoing) problem to be noted in a review.

Just relax, you are doing fine, they just had to make something up to knock you down on your review score and save the company more money.

As far as "not enough red cards" - you're a sales floor TM. That line ranks right up there with "oh sorry, had to lower your review score for not enough great team cards". In other words, it's just an excuse to knock you down. If these were the only two issues they could use against you, you are probably truly deserving an outstanding/excellent review and they had to use something (that at least sounds somewhat legit) to keep your score low.

Honestly, your only mistake was dignifying their bull sh** by playing along with their "oh, do you have any comments?" game. (which was really only an attempt to see if you were now disgruntled due to a BS review and were potentially going to become a "problem" for them....)

Last edited:
And sadly, if you work really, really hard to fix the things they put on this review, next year they will come up with something else to get the exact same result.

Dude, you are making the mistake of thinking that you actually "lack of sense of urgency".

The fact is, if you are just hearing about this now, it is bull sh**. In other words, they just made something up to justify your review score.

Fact is, the reviews are really just for show. I used to be a TL - I literally had to almost make stuff up to justify low review scores for TMs who were either excellent or otherwise doing fine. (my favorite BS line our ETL-HR had us use on reviews years ago, "sorry, I had to mark you down because you didn't give out enough great team cards")

Trust me, if they really had a problem with your "sense of urgency", you would have been coached on the floor/off stage long ago. They wouldn't be holding off on telling you about this "issue" for your review.... Working slow is something that you will immediately be told about either by a TL or ETL on the night it happens, especially if it is such a serious (ongoing) problem to be noted in a review.

Just relax, you are doing fine, they just had to make something up to knock you down on your review score and save the company more money.

As far as "not enough red cards" - you're a sales floor TM. That line ranks right up there with "oh sorry, had to lower your review score for not enough great team cards". In other words, it's just an excuse to knock you down. If these were the only two issues they could use against you, you are probably truly deserving an outstanding/excellent review and they had to use something (that at least sounds somewhat legit) to keep your score low.

Honestly, your only mistake was dignifying their bull sh** by playing along with their "oh, do you have any comments?" game. (which was really only an attempt to see if you were now disgruntled due to a BS review and were potentially going to become a "problem" for them....)

So THAT'S why I got dinged for the vibe cards. That annoyed the crap out of me. Of all the things to call me out on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back