Archived Got promoted and coming upon year review..whats expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang!

I am currently a P-Fresh team member. Our PA just got promoted to TL so I was asked if I wanted his position. I said yes! I am very enthusiastic and I know taking on this task as a PA carry's more responsibility. I must be doing something right since I was asked if I wanted the job.

On that note, I was wondering what is the hourly pay? I currently make minimum wage. I was told it brought a pay increase and was curious to how much. Either way if its 5 cents to 2.00 dollar raise I am happy. I enjoy working for Target I desire to continue helping the company achieve their goals.

Thank you for the advice and help!

Happy31

Last edited:
Congrats on the promotion! Hourly pay will depend on a number of things: your current pay grade vs that of a PA and also what if any effect the recent pay grade changes for 2012 will have. Not having a pay grade chart handy I couldn't say for sure. I can tell you it wont be anything close to $2. With AE 2012, new internal tm to TL promotions are only a dollar and change, where it used to be $3.

MY guestimate would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 cents or so. Speak to your HR, they will be able to let you know

Congrats on the promotion! Hourly pay will depend on a number of things: your current pay grade vs that of a PA and also what if any effect the recent pay grade changes for 2012 will have. Not having a pay grade chart handy I couldn't say for sure. I can tell you it wont be anything close to $2. With AE 2012, new internal tm to TL promotions are only a dollar and change, where it used to be $3.

MY guestimate would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 cents or so. Speak to your HR, they will be able to let you know

When I went from TM to TL in February I got a 2.50$ raise...then got reviews and even more.

Someone in my store was just "promoted" to GSA and got a $0.50 raise. When she told me I was confused because none of the other GSAs (including myself) got a raise for becoming GSA. We were all told that it was a "parallel promotion" and we were still basically cashiers who were allowed to carry keys.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is this: Does anybody know if recently promoted GSAs are getting raises or if it was just her?

I was never given the raise. Their reasoning was that I got promoted at review time and that it was parallel and not actually a promotion.

If I was supposed to get this raise, who do I talk to since it's been two years?

Congratulations HAPPY31 on your promotion!!

I too have a question on promotions and pay...If you are hired for one department, but switch to another and then asked to do both when you meet the requirements from the first one...Is that considered as a promotion? Also, should I be paid more for working in two departments as opposed just one?

I guess I got confused on what a Lateral Change was and misconfigured my sentence (LOL). What is a Lateral Change? I thought it was being trained and working in one or more departments, gaining more responsibilities and skills, but is that how it works at Target?

Congratulations HAPPY31 on your promotion!!

I too have a question on promotions and pay...If you are hired for one department, but switch to another and then asked to do both when you meet the requirements from the first one...Is that considered as a promotion? Also, should I be paid more for working in two departments as opposed just one?

It's considered being cross-trained, not promoted. A lateral change means you are changing positions/primary work centers within the same pay grade. Being cross-trained does not mean you are paid more per hour.

So, if I wanted to learn somewhere else, too like Hard Lines and Food Avenue...while still working in Soft Lines and The Fitting Rooms...Would that be called cross-trained as well!?

I was never given the raise. Their reasoning was that I got promoted at review time and that it was parallel and not actually a promotion.

If I was supposed to get this raise, who do I talk to since it's been two years?

Guest Service TM (cashiers/service desk) are N03, Photo is N05, GSA is N07, and Photolab assistant is either N07 or a step up (step up at my store)... Other positions in the store like food ave/starbucks/electronics are also N07. If you were a cashier and your position was officially changed to Guest Service Attendant, you should have gotten the .50 bump for N03 to N07. It all depends what position you're keyed in as.

@OP, i think PA is N09, which is approximately a $1 raise from N03... I think.

Guest Service TM (cashiers/service desk) are N03, Photo is N05, GSA is N07, and Photolab assistant is either N07 or a step up (step up at my store)... Other positions in the store like food ave/starbucks/electronics are also N07. If you were a cashier and your position was officially changed to Guest Service Attendant, you should have gotten the .50 bump for N03 to N07. It all depends what position you're keyed in as.

@OP, i think PA is N09, which is approximately a $1 raise from N03... I think.
That's right. I think food ave is N05 along with photo, and I think PA is N07, but I may be mistaken.

@Target Chick, what was your primary workcenter before becoming GSA? If you were a cashier or guest service then you would receive a raise, but if you were maybe a Starbucks TM then you wouldn't receive a raise.

I don't think that is right that they wouldn't give you a raise because of the review. The review should be based on the annual performance of your workcenter that you worked, not what you are promoted to currently. I would speak with your ETL-HR to double check.

Congrats on the promotion! To be honest, if all you got was $0.20 for the extra responsibilities I would be constantly entertaining other opportunities. It may sound bad, but if you are hired externally (such as I was) your starting pay is MUCH higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back