Archived Got screwed by Target, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in college full-time and working 40 hours a week as a Sr TPS. You sure you can't handle just working weekends while in school? I know it's not easy, but it can be nice having something to take your mind off school. And of course it's nice having money :)

I was in college full-time and working 40 hours a week as a Sr TPS. You sure you can't handle just working weekends while in school? I know it's not easy, but it can be nice having something to take your mind off school. And of course it's nice having money :)

Guessing that depends on the major and school? Something along the lines of Engineering would be more rigorous than say psychology?

Guessing that depends on the major and school? Something along the lines of Engineering would be more rigorous than say psychology?

Uhhhh, halt the Psychology hating. Like, I get what you're trying to say, but nope. Psychology incorporates a long list of rigorous courses from every subject.

But it does vary on school and the person. For me, working all week, doing homework at night, and spending my days off studying and getting sleep is fine because I have a strong goal and it helps me focus. Some people enjoy what is known as a "social life" and have "friends" and all of those silly things.

Same here @LadyCynide i work nights go to school during the day and whatever is left over I have to make tough choices...either way it always involves wine

I prefer something a bit harder when possible, but there is definitely a bottle of sweet red next to my bed for late-night studying.

Everyone is different as far as what they need to be successful in school. If I needed to work full time, than of course I would do it! But it's not something I have to do. So I'd rather concentrate on studying and maintaining my 4.0 and taking 18 credit hours. I also prefer to get a full 8 hours of sleep instead of being tired all the time.
And I have zero social life. It's all about school.

So just an update of what I did in my last two weeks, wasn't too crazy, but felt good
I wore black pants every night (also read the handbook to anyone that asked why I was wearing black pants)
I ignored my HR, which apparently really upset her since she went around asking people what was wrong with me instead of just asking me..
I ignored my ETL unless it was work related, in that case I would just agree with whatever she was saying.
(Example: Her: All of this baby still needs to be worked?
Me: mmhmmm
Her: Have you not touched anything?
There was only one cart left to be worked, the others contained backstock, but her face was priceless)
I also was very professional with my STL, and I shook his hand and told him that it was a pleasure, he said he was sad to see such a great team member leave, which I agreed it was sad to have to go.
I also rolled my eyes at my other ETL every chance I got, and called the hotline.
Not too crazy, but felt good

So just an update of what I did in my last two weeks, wasn't too crazy, but felt good
I wore black pants every night (also read the handbook to anyone that asked why I was wearing black pants)
I ignored my HR, which apparently really upset her since she went around asking people what was wrong with me instead of just asking me..
I ignored my ETL unless it was work related, in that case I would just agree with whatever she was saying.
(Example: Her: All of this baby still needs to be worked?
Her: Have you not touched anything?
There was only one cart left to be worked, the others contained backstock, but her face was priceless)
I also was very professional with my STL, and I shook his hand and told him that it was a pleasure, he said he was sad to see such a great team member leave, which I agreed it was sad to have to go.
I also rolled my eyes at my other ETL every chance I got, and called the hotline.
Not too crazy, but felt good

Don't blame you one bit. Target usually acts like it actually wants people to quit. When you think of the pitiful raises and how they're doing vacation time, plus how promotions only go to external college grads or the brown Noser's, there's literally no reason to stay past a year.

Our store has many TM's who've worked 10, 15, 20+ years.

Our store has many TM's who've worked 10, 15, 20+ years.

Probably too scared to start over somewhere else, feel they're too old to start at a new job, or feel they're too high up on the pay scale and don't want to take a pay cut ( IF that's even possible).

I graduated with an engineering degree while working 50 + hours at Wally World as an AM. I had a lot of sleepless nights, but I was able to pay my bills and have something to put on my resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back