Archived Great Team Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys have the same people winning it every time? From a list of 6-7 team members, one of them wins it every month for the past 2 years I've been at Target. Is this a popularity contest?

it is - and I won it a few times in a row - and I didn't feel that it meant that much after a while.
seriously - I work hard because it's the right thing to do. I care.
I appreciate the recognition once in a while - but mostly I'd rather be left alone.

Why can't Target just call it "Employee (or team member) of the month." Target always has to be different with "Great team hero."

It is...they were usually the STL or ETL-HR pet favorites at my last store. And its always Flow or Salesfloor. Every once in a while TMs with the most GTCs in a month. Within a certain group of the pets, they would write each other GTCs over petty stuff.

"Thank you for coming in on-time"
"Thank you for coming to the huddle"
"Saw you smile today"
"Just Because"
"For coming back from lunch on time"

They used to post a picture and bio written up on a enlarged copy of a GTC. Last I saw it, it was just someone's name on a dry-erase board on the GTC wall.

My store always pushed GTCs hard. But we were not supposed to do them on the floor or on our breaks. So when do you do them????

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree with you guys. There are only a handful of people at my store who I feel deserve a GTH spot. I get annoyed b/c we try to select a different one so we aren't repeating it, but that means we are selecting people who don't deserve it. Not all that many people go above and beyond consistently. Many of those who excel in their workcenter focus on that workcenter so much that they aren't very good team players. If your store keeps picking the same 6-7 people, maybe there is a reason. . .

Some team members actually deserve it while others like...... Our last month's Team Hero was coached for 2 NCNS. He missed another day because he got a DUI. That's 3 missed days of work productivity from him and he gets Team Hero? What does this message send out to the rest of the team members? Oh if I go out and get a DUI and NCNS 2 times, I too can be a Great Team Hero. This is laughable at best.

I hate GTH. It is such a popularity contest! This month's GTH is someone who literally started 2 months ago is already GTH. I thought they gave GTH to someone who has been with Target longer than 2 months.

I dislike the fact they HAVE to pick someone. High performers get recognition - low performers get coached (go team)
I was told I could pick an item from great team catalog - not much to pick from. Just let me get my job done, huh?

GTH goes to almost a different person everytime at my store. But I think in a small volume store it could be more difficult because there’s less tm’s but we have a ridiculous amount of tm's and hired almost 100 more for seasonal

My issue with it is overnight never gets recognized for anything. There’s one tm in specific that I think deserves it because they’re awesome all the time and always picking up other’s slack but no one see’s the tm. Its like stuff magically gets fixed overnight….

My issue with it is overnight never gets recognized for anything. There’s one tm in specific that I think deserves it because they’re awesome all the time and always picking up other’s slack but no one see’s the tm. Its like stuff magically gets fixed overnight….

NO ONE cares about overnight or AM guys. I guess Sales Floor thinks my pallets magically do themselves. To them after 12:30 is when the real business starts.

At my store, we have both dayside and overnight Great Team Heroes.

I dislike the fact they HAVE to pick someone. High performers get recognition - low performers get coached (go team)
I was told I could pick an item from great team catalog - not much to pick from. Just let me get my job done, huh?

You and I would get along just fine. LOL! I got it twice last year, Wooo Hooo. I could care less.

The biggest compliment I can ever get is giving me 40 and leaving me alone!

Hello Folks!

I am new to the breakroom but so far I love it! Has anyone heard what is coming in the place of the GREAT TEAM HERO? What are your stores doing?

Hello Folks!

I am new to the breakroom but so far I love it! Has anyone heard what is coming in the place of the GREAT TEAM HERO? What are your stores doing?

Greetings and salutations.
Like Hardlinesmaster said most stores are using the old Top Performer as far as I can tell, but it seems like different stores are going their own way.
My store has an award for the TL and TM of the month.
They get their picture posted and nice things said about them.

Greetings and salutations.
Like Hardlinesmaster said most stores are using the old Top Performer as far as I can tell, but it seems like different stores are going their own way.
My store has an award for the TL and TM of the month.
They get their picture posted and nice things said about them.
We were doing that last year, but not anymore.

Thanks I keep hearing that something is coming but here it's almost February and no formal word yet.

I heard today that the new program is going to be something like extreme excellence.
Like a teacher marking you for the A on your report card.
Welcome back to high school.

Wow how is that gonna work? We really need to be recognizing 5 or 6 every month minimum. Otherwise it is a demotivator.

Yes, the way the Great Team Hero program is run can be VERY disheartening. I used to like the old program "E's of Excellence" it was a much better recoignition program, though still something that management had the final say on. The Hero program requires that my nomination be "approved" by my supervisor, which I find insulting and offensive. If I want to nominate someone, I should be able to do it, no questions asked, and the person who gets the most nominations should be the one who wins, not just the "teacher's pet" meaning not just the person the TLs and ETL's like the most. It's a very disappointing program, but I guess it's better that it exists than not, but I sure hope it becomes more transparent who/why people win the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back