Archived Green Instocks Achieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally reached the 6% OOS percentage marker! Top Research and Outs scans in the district definitely drove this. For anyone looking for advice on how to drop the score, I can tell you fron experience that an in-depth and extremely detailed scan routine is the slow path, yet it's definitely the most rewarding. I have a district wide competition with my Senior Logistics and Instocks peers, and while many of them have been trending around 6.5% for the last 6 months I went from an abysmal 11% to a 6% in 5 months time. I apologize for the bragging and it may seem silly but it's a great feeling accomplishing a goal and having the district recognize my team members for everything they've done :)

Yes we are! When they work, they're great. The biggest headache was connectivity issues but the mydevice thread solved that, so it's been relatively smooth sailing minus the occasional company wide outage. Did you have a question regarding them?

Yes we are! When they work, they're great. The biggest headache was connectivity issues but the mydevice thread solved that, so it's been relatively smooth sailing minus the occasional company wide outage. Did you have a question regarding them?
You had answer my question. @OtherGuy would love to hear your feedback on the process in the my device thread. Other folks had more issues on store server stuff.

I never really understood the OOS percentage and being able to affect that. Here's my take...

Company releases OOS% for certain departments. Measured by "Amount of UPC's With 0 OH / Total Number of UPCs"

So lets say your Pets department has a company OOS% of 3%. That means if you have 1000 DPCI's in pets, you should only have 30 outs that have zero onhands.

Your store though has a 6% OOS% on pets. This is red. So that means you have 60 outs with 1000 DPCI's. But your counts are already at 0, so does doing research actually affect this? Shouldn't the company already have replenishment queued for your store since it already knows what is zeroed out? Doesn't this mean that you are being aggressive with your research, which is what you want to do?

On the flip side, lets say your pets OOS% is 1%. You're green. That means you have 10 DPCI's with 0 onhands with 1000 total DPCI's. But couldn't that also mean that you're not researching correctly and that you have a lot of physical holes that you haven't zero'd out yet?

I'm of the opinion that if your OOS% is lower than the companys, then that means you're not researching correctly. While if your OOS% is higher, then that means you have either unique replenishment opportunities, or you are researching correctly....as your onhands are reflecting properly what you don't have.

I feel like I'm missing something here.

We are continually told to "increase scans".... shouldn't the goal truly be to have ZERO scans? I'm pretty sure that those stores we are being compared to have jacked their scan numbers significantly by scanning outside of recommendations and best practice. Sooooo..... we did what our TL and ETL and STL think other stores are doing and within 2 weeks we are green. This totally pisses me off. Can't we all just play nice, follow best practice, and get the product into the store without the games????

When I first started doing in stocks, I was made to feel bad about zeroing items out. I stopped caring and zeroed it out if it wasn't there or in a secondary location. If it's not there, it's not there. And we're never going to get more if I don't update the counts. Can you tell in stocks is not my favorite work center? Lol.

We are continually told to "increase scans".... shouldn't the goal truly be to have ZERO scans? I'm pretty sure that those stores we are being compared to have jacked their scan numbers significantly by scanning outside of recommendations and best practice. Sooooo..... we did what our TL and ETL and STL think other stores are doing and within 2 weeks we are green. This totally pisses me off. Can't we all just play nice, follow best practice, and get the product into the store without the games????

But that would make too much sense. We can't have that happening now, can we?

Instocks was originally designed to be a sort of "detective" team while maintaining inventory. Zeroing out an item would raise a red flag towards teams that were not meeting their goals, whether it was the flow, salesfloor, pricing or plano team. That was actually working until they realized that if you don't fix those issues, the floor is still not full. Now it is the IS team's job to make their numbers in the same way as other teams and we're just another part of the problem.

See no item, zero it out. I don't care if it has 0 oh's or 500.

I scanned a tv once after setting the pog. Two oh's but none in the store. I checked everywhere. I zeroed it out.

A week later, I checked it again. Still two oh's but no replenishment.

I asked someone on the IS team why it wouldn't clear out.

She said that it went to the drastic count report, but no one has worked that in months. Or the item merge.

So yeah, I can check that off my list of things to stop caring about.

I'm with you on this. It asks "how many do you see" not "how many can you find that someone didn't put into location or the right spot". I think we're in the minority here and it is definitely not the direction that I have to follow.

Is there a way to find out the overall oos for an entire department and if so how

my stl has told us on plano to basically scan the bar code, 'look around to see if it's out of place', and zero out even if there is say 2 on hand. if nothing is there, nothing is there, bam. ive found some pretty weird crap, like candy bars and bags saying we are out of stock when the shelf is full to the brim lol. im scheduled instocks friday which ive never done, but apparently i will work truck lol. id love to do instocks though, i want training everywhere even if i have to train myself, which has been the case many times

Workbench>MyPerformance>Logistics>click on the circle with your OOS score. This will provide you with drop down options to view a heat map or a department breakdown

Sorry for not responding lately, BTS has been nuts haha

Maybe on workbench. Do a lot of pog fills or exf's is suggested.
I got "spanked" for the endcap pog fills recently. We apparently don't have time or personnel to bring that much out of the backroom at once...now go fill the floor. grrrrrr (oh - never mind that our scores went up while doing this)

Workbench>MyPerformance>Logistics>click on the circle with your OOS score. This will provide you with drop down options to view a heat map or a department breakdown

Sorry for not responding lately, BTS has been nuts haha

Thank you :D

Surprised to read stores are still doing instocks scanning. Our store was shut down 6 weeks ago by our AP Group Leader because our count update dollars were considered high. ETL's are the only ones allowed to do any research and their afraid to do any updates to counts. We have holes all over the store with on hand counts that will probably stay that way until we do inventory. Visually the stores instocks are horrific, but our OOS metric is green. Imagine that!

Surprised to read stores are still doing instocks scanning. Our store was shut down 6 weeks ago by our AP Group Leader because our count update dollars were considered high. ETL's are the only ones allowed to do any research and their afraid to do any updates to counts. We have holes all over the store with on hand counts that will probably stay that way until we do inventory. Visually the stores instocks are horrific, but our OOS metric is green. Imagine that!
Well that makes sense. A green store on paper is much better than a full store that has product to sell.

Well that makes sense. A green store on paper is much better than a full store that has product to sell.

headdesk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back