Archived Green RED cash register

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am new started just wednesday on cashier i am worried about getting constant reds when guests bring large items which take longer to bag and then I get a R will this decrease my chances of staying on

Focus on accuracy first, and then speed. As you ring more guests up you'll become more accustomed to the register and your speed will improve. My speed score for my first shift was a mighty 32% at the end of the shift. What I do is if an item is large, I ask the guest "Would you like your (Item) in a bag today?" because a lot of time they will say no which saves the time on bagging. I also wait to bag large items until the guest is paying. Speed score is one of the most fluctuating metrics in the store, it might seem like a row of 10 reds is really bad, but once you ring more transactions your score will improve. If you are consistently red overall week after week, you might be talked to about it, but it plays less of a factor than say your redcard conversion rate. Once you get more comfortable bagging you will see your score stay in the high 80's-mid 90's. You are new, the leadership understands that and that there's a learning curve. I wouldn't worry about it unless it doesn't improve within a few weeks.

You can check out relatives who would not use your discount. I.E mom and best friend are ok, husband and wife aren't. Obviously you also need to treat them like a regular guest.

You can not check them out..our AP would go crazy. You would get a couching and be watched a lot more..
I had to have an order re-rung when the cashier told us it was her brother.

We had Another cashier who would ring up her husband, bag everything, then suspend the order and ask another cashier to put in their numbers, put in the team member discount and take the money.. It happened a few times before one of the cashiers asked us if that was ok.. The answer was no, and the cashier has been let go..AP started watching what she was doing and she was forgetting to ring some expensive items up..

It is a complete no no to have friends and family go through your line at the store and the district I am in..

That is true with most major retailers...

Last edited:
You can not check them out..our AP would go crazy. You would get a couching and be watched a lot more..
I had to have an order re-rung when the cashier told us it was her brother.

We had Another cashier who would ring up her husband, bag everything, then suspend the order and ask another cashier to put in their numbers, put in the team member discount and take the money.. It happened a few times before one of the cashiers asked us if that was ok.. The answer was no, and the cashier has been let go..AP started watching what she was doing and she was forgetting to ring some expensive items up..

It is a complete no no to have friends and family go through your line at the store and the district I am in..

That is true with most major retailers...

Interesting. It must vary by store...I asked GSA after a professor of mine came through my line and she told me anyone except someone who'd use your discount is OK.
Walleyeman, it would be best to simply ask you GSTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back