Archived Greeters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm store started having front lanes people greeting guests at the front doors on busy times it great to make sure people have carts and there is baskets but when we are dead or slow it so boring
The said it was ordered by corporate

They started to have someone greeting Guest as they walk in the door offer then a cart and answer questions be that first point of contact for them . I guess corporate might be trying out this idea

Happening at my store too. Kinda strange, but hey if it makes the guests more happy then cool.

Happening at my store too. Kinda strange, but hey if it makes the guests more happy then cool.
It nice when it crazy cause you have someone keeping an eye on carts and make sure there is always so available and letting cart attendants know when you are low and manage the door but when it is slow it can become boring

It nice when it crazy cause you have someone keeping an eye on carts and make sure there is always so available and letting cart attendants know when you are low and manage the door but when it is slow it can become boring
True, the lady who was doing it at my store didn't have a walkie but anytime I'd come in to do something I noticed that she straitened every single cart and dried them off (It was raining). Should have written a vibe card for her.

How does this work at stores with two entrances?

How does this work at stores with two entrances?
At mine they just have had one greeter at the softline doors. I suppose they could send two people, but at my store just one entrance.

Wait, at your store each side gets a cart attendant!? Wow, thats very helpful.
Yes on weekends and busy times but we are also a high volume super target. If it a slow time generally or late a night we only have one

Yes on weekends and busy times but we are also a high volume super target. If it a slow time generally or late a night we only have one
Nice. Me and the other cart attendants have said that there needs to be 2 guys outside on weekends since we are always crazy busy, but its normally one man alone in a wasteland of carts.

Wait, your store gets a cart attendant?

wow. that would be very helpful.
Hahahaha. Your store just send who ever isn't busy out to get carts? Or do they just make the guests get them?

We where crazy today and they sent more people to push carts because we we running out of carts like crazy

For me it depends on who the ETL is. If the ETL for the day is a good person than they will say, "If you need help just ask and we'll send someone out". If its not a good person, then they'll always say, "Hey, where are all my carts!?!?!?!".

Hahahaha. Your store just send who ever isn't busy out to get carts? Or do they just make the guests get them?
We have no cart attendant until night time, and even then they are scheduled cashier and have to get carts. My STL, and our ETL-LOG, and Flow Tl usually get carts during the day. With an occasional instocks/pricing tm

We have no cart attendant until night time, and even then they are scheduled cashier and have to get carts. My STL, and our ETL-LOG, and Flow Tl usually get carts during the day. With an occasional instocks/pricing tm
Yikes. Sounds rough on your STLs and ETLs, mine never go outside the doors (they are great but they don't go out themselves). They sometimes send people from hardlines to help (when its really really really bad and one person can't cut it). I feel bad when they do though because they always send out either the smallest skinniest person who has trouble pushing 7 carts on their own, or a girl who looks really nice (after they spend like 5 minutes outside they're make-up is ruined and they are sweating like crazy. Not very fun for them). After they sent someone out (who qualifies for both of those examples) she came to me and said, "Your job sucks dude".

Nice. Me and the other cart attendants have said that there needs to be 2 guys outside on weekends since we are always crazy busy, but its normally one man alone in a wasteland of carts.
Two cart attendants?! We don't even get one (not even anything on the upcoming schedules) and you all get two?! You all need to share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back