Archived Greeters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. Sounds rough on your STLs and ETLs, mine never go outside the doors (they are great but they don't go out themselves). They sometimes send people from hardlines to help (when its really really really bad and one person can't cut it). I feel bad when they do though because they always send out either the smallest skinniest person who has trouble pushing 7 carts on their own, or a girl who looks really nice (after they spend like 5 minutes outside they're make-up is ruined and they are sweating like crazy. Not very fun for them). After they sent someone out (who qualifies for both of those examples) she came to me and said, "Your job sucks dude".

Yeah my STL is awesome. He's wearing nice khakis and a button down long sleeve shirt and slinging 12 carts inside at a time. He'll usually call out for tms to help but if nobody answers he doesn't force it. I usually help because he recognizes me in a funny way over the walkie or buys me a drink from cafe.

Two cart attendants?! We don't even get one (not even anything on the upcoming schedules) and you all get two?! You all need to share!
We have a total of three, but we never work together. One at 1-5 then the other at 5-12.

Yeah my STL is awesome. He's wearing nice khakis and a button down long sleeve shirt and slinging 12 carts inside at a time. He'll usually call out for tms to help but if nobody answers he doesn't force it. I usually help because he recognizes me in a funny way over the walkie or buys me a drink from cafe.
Not sure what position she is at my store (she is obviously important, not the Store Manager, not HR, something else super important) but this one woman is really bold. Like if she has an issue with something she goes and deals with it. But at the same time, if I am ever running a little slow (which thankfully hasn't happened in 4 months) she'll just run out and push like 20 carts in by herself with no pusher. And she is EXTREMELY skinny. She's the real OG.

Our store has been doing this. Usually it's a cashier but sometimes it's the ETL GE. We are pretty high volume and as of lately we have had someone doing it pretty much open to close. Not sure how long that will last.

Let's my TPS's do other things.

We have "cart parties" and everyone EXCEPT the front end goes outside to get carts. We just line them up outside and a LOD comes along w the pusher and gathers them.
Pisses me off daily that the front end all have "medical conditions" and can't push a frikking cart.
Meanwhile for at least 15 minutes there isn't a single LOD or salesfloor person in the building.

There should ALWAYS be a CA during store hours. When the carts are gathered and the restrooms are clean there are plenty of other duties that can be tended to.

This. So much this. A good ca can make your day so much easier it's not funny. They're versatile, and can do really anything you need.

I spent the better part of a year at my store trying to change the culture of "ca is a bottom tier job" They didn't even call them by their names over the walkie.

If you train and take care of your strong ca, there's a million little things they will do, and at the end of the day, it saves you an immeasurable amount of time and stress.

There should ALWAYS be a CA during store hours. When the carts are gathered and the restrooms are clean there are plenty of other duties that can be tended to.
Not in low volume stores. The gstl or LOD gets the restroom checks. The gstl empties hangers, reshop, etc from the lanes. When you only have 3 cashiers til noon (cause that's how little sales your store does), the gstl needs to keep busy doing those things.

Not in low volume stores. The gstl or LOD gets the restroom checks. The gstl empties hangers, reshop, etc from the lanes. When you only have 3 cashiers til noon (cause that's how little sales your store does), the gstl needs to keep busy doing those things.

My store is high volume and still has only 3 cashiers til noon.

I was a guest this morning at 9:30 and only 1 cashier. Tons of people there for the Halloween clearance so the GSTL had to keep calling for back up, and carts (because there wasn't a single cart in the store.)

Last edited by a moderator:
My store is high volume and still has only 3 cashiers til noon.

I was a guest this morning at 9:30 and only 1 cashier. Tons of people there for the Halloween clearance so the GSTL had to keep calling for back up, and carts (because there wasn't a single cart in the store.)
Everyone guest traffic is different, despite the volume.

I heard that the "Greeter" thing is actually becoming a real position called, "Brand Ambassador" so we don't copy Walmart, is this true? Has anyone heard anything else beyond that?

Greeters just became a thing at my store, one of our cashiers stands around near the front area for like 1/4rth of their shift with a bag of redcard pamphlets and the store's ad.
The guests ignore them, obviously.

Last edited:
Yeah but it's supposedly becoming a position because I have been doing it too. There will be a dedicated Team Member doing this, or so I've heard.

I saw this for the first time today in my 4 weeks. It was my STL. It's so weird to see her on the floor, actually "working". The other day, she was actually pushing pulls!

Greeters just became a thing at my store, one of our cashiers stands around near the front area for like 1/4rth of their shit with a bag of redcard pamphlets and the store's ad.
The guests ignore them, obviously.

Most of our cashiers could not point a guest in the right direction [to find merchandise] if their life depended upon it.

Wonder where the payroll is coming from for the "greeter?"

Most of our cashiers could not point a guest in the right direction [to find merchandise] if their life depended upon it.

Wonder where the payroll is coming from for the "greeter?"

I know I certainly couldn't!

Everyone guest traffic is different, despite the volume.

I realize that. But my store really could use more cashiers early in the day. Guests don't understand why there is a bunch of TLs in huddle, meanwhile there are 6 guests in line.

My store's peak hours aren't very differentiated from non peak. We really could use more cashiers in the am. We get alot of Moms that grocery shop (cart full types) after dropping the kiddos at school.

Is it the Front Lanes Brand TM? Because I saw a TM at the door of my local store ready to hand out Red Card brocheres behind a table of Halloween decorations and straightening up carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back