Archived Gregg is gone (USATODAY Just Reported It)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did online price matching first?

I don't know the answer but I doubt it was Target.

I always wondered why any store was so stupid as to not allow customers to 'online price match' from their own website! If you really want to alienate your customers... oh, I mean "guests," just tell them that the price they saw at your store's website is not available at your brick & mortar store. Tell them they wasted their gas but to just go home & shop from their computer. You've just encouraged them to go home & search for the cheapest price on an item that must be shipped & that they can't have immediately.

Come on, it doesn't take someone with a business degree to see that made no sense.

Or for that matter that we don't match the price in our own stores.
I remember more than once having to tell people that we couldn't sell people things at the price of a store twenty miles away.

I hope he ends up at Time Warner or Gamestop he can lose them billions as well

If he really loved Target, he should try to wiggle his way into Amazon & deconstruct their corporation.

I always wondered why any store was so stupid as to not allow customers to 'online price match' from their own website! If you really want to alienate your customers... oh, I mean "guests," just tell them that the price they saw at your store's website is not available at your brick & mortar store. Tell them they wasted their gas but to just go home & shop from their computer. You've just encouraged them to go home & search for the cheapest price on an item that must be shipped & that they can't have immediately.

Come on, it doesn't take someone with a business degree to see that made no sense.

I remember more than once having to tell people that we couldn't sell people things at the price of a store twenty miles away.

Wow! Just wow.

I'm guessing this was before the invention of telephones so you couldn't call the other Target & confirm the price. And it would have taken the horse too long to travel to the store to find out. :eek:

If he really loved Target, he should try to wiggle his way into Amazon & deconstruct their corporation.

Wow! Just wow.

I'm guessing this was before the invention of telephones so you couldn't call the other Target & confirm the price. And it would have taken the horse too long to travel to the store to find out. :eek:

Sometimes it was because things went clearance in other stores before ours did but other times they would have markdowns due to stock amounts that we didn't.
It wasn't that long ago.

I feel like if everyone knew about the competitor website matching, we would stop doing it.

Wow! Just wow.

Sometimes it was because things went clearance in other stores before ours did but other times they would have markdowns due to stock amounts that we didn't.
It wasn't that long ago.

Actually that what I figured but it's still not smart to alienate your beloved "guests" over clearance you are trying to ditch. Considering the amount of time the company wastes over meaningless stuff (Vibe cards, anyone) - a quick phone call to make a customer happy seems like a good business practice. It actually brings in money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back