Archived Group focus store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your store screwed up somewhere.

We were a "group focus" a couple years ago for safety because we had way to many people who hurt themselves. And visits and constant yapping at huddles and extra forms and walks they had to do.. I just managed to not slice myself up with a box knife. Me and fresh blades are not a good combo. But once with a loose knife I wounded a couple fingers digging it out of my pocket.. Yep there were sutures.

That was also the same year something in the death trap of a fixture room bit me and more sutures on my leg.. That one I take NO blame for..

We were like that a couple years ago...the dtl was there every week. Hell, he should had just moved in.

Visits galore, sometimes the DTL and/or gtl (lol.. I thought of jersey shore) makes surprise phone calls just to ask the gsa/gstl how many redcards you have. They start making actual unannounced visits, too. And your stl and other etls may start tweeting pics at your DTL to show when things look amaze. My store was really great, then they slowly became really terrible with the vibe and red card scores so we've been a focus store since last summer.

It's a lot of babysitting in hopes your scores go up.

Visits galore, sometimes the DTL and/or gtl (lol.. I thought of jersey shore) makes surprise phone calls just to ask the gsa/gstl how many redcards you have. They start making actual unannounced visits, too. And your stl and other etls may start tweeting pics at your DTL to show when things look amaze. My store was really great, then they slowly became really terrible with the vibe and red card scores so we've been a focus store since last summer.

It's a lot of babysitting in hopes your scores go up.
calls? They call now? Ours thing is our ETLs getting text from DTL, GTL to DTL. then those text about red cards get relayed to us.

How long does the group focus last for

We were a focus store for safety, and it wasn't the end of the world...just lots of huddle time devoted to it (back when we actually had huddle). But beyond that, I don't think it was too many extra visits, and I want to say the focus was for a year....but don't quote me on that.

DTL and GTL are at my store a lot. I don't think we're a group focus store.

We were are group focus store - the store went from #1 consistently to bottom. Here's what changed -

1). 5 year STL promoted to Group FM
2). Store without LOG for 9 Months
3). Without an STL for 8 months
4). New STL didn't know shit
5). Team didn't like new STL and good TMs/TLs jumped ship

What really did it - the DTL and STL had a thing (best friends, blowies, who knows). STL made the store look GREEN on paper but the processes weren't green at all - STL didn't follow Best Practices - store did well this way. STL got promoted with the help of the DTL and the interim STL put the store on best practices (boom, dropped real quick).

DTLs boss noticed so we became a focus store.

We had visits all the time - butt-holes were tight - ETLs and STLs come and go even quicker than expected - not fun

When my old store was a group focus store within 6 months they cleaned house when things weren't improving. Every ETL was either sent to another store, left, or just shown the door.

Ended up seeing my old STL working at Walmart a couple months after that.

calls? They call now? Ours thing is our ETLs getting text from DTL, GTL to DTL. then those text about red cards get relayed to us.

I'd guess they all have different styles but our DTL has called a couple times.

When we first became a focus store, we had fallen very far. An etl and the stl quit (I believe these were preemptive to avoid being fired.. They both work in equal positions at the same retail company), then another etl quit for another job (another preemptive) and another was fired. We had a new stl within weeks, though. 2 etls were replaced. One's job no longer exists. We've lost a bunch of great TMs and we're all half passing everything, but we're no longer a focus store. It lasted less than a year.

Being a focus store is rough, but if your DTL and GVP handle it correctly then you should end up in a much better place. It will take pains to get there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back