Archived GSA Closing Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

catrainer

Can anyone give me an example of a good GSA closing email? I now have to do front end closing emails as a GSA and I was just looking for a good example. Thanks!

I do a specific format every time I close its similar to this:

Today's red cards
WTD red cards
How many reshop carts foreign and front lanes
How was the zone

When unsure always keep it simple, facts and more facts.. Or just ask the GSTL or ETL to show you some examples. They have some in their inbox..

Essentially, I just make a recap of how the day went, the number of redcards, what we did on the shift so they know we didn't sit around with our thumbs up our asses all day, recognition, and any other pertinent info.

Team,

Today was really busy. ___ called in, and backup response from the salesfloor was terrible. We got x Redcards on the shift thanks to ______, leaving us with x for the shift and x for the day.
I did have to work with ____ again today, because she was not educating guests about the Redcard. She did improve after that, but please keep an ear out next time she is on your shift with her to ensure she continues to educate.
I set the endcaps for checklanes x and x, completed the 4x4 for checklanes x-x, and had ____ complete abandons for One Spot. I didn't get a chance to fill supplies though, so those will need to be filled first thing in the morning.
Also, I'd like to give a big shout-out to ___ for driving loyalty and sales by getting two of our guests to download Cartwheel!

Thanks,

GSAhole

That's really all you need...mine are generally a bit longer than that, as I like to make them as detailed as possible because I'm OCD like that and my ETL-GE likes it that way (because he's OCD like that too), but sometimes its just a brief summary like above and that's what most everyone else does too.

Like @redndkhaki and @GSAhole, I generally use a set format for my recap emails (at my store, we have both opening and closing emails).

Hey Team,

Today/Tonight the store was busy/slow; I called for backup a few times and received prompt responses from the Sales Floor.

Tasks Completed:
Attendance:
Top Performer:
Bottom Performer:
REDcards:
Opening/Closing GSTL/GSA:

I would just recommend keeping your emails short and easy to read. Not everyone has the time to read a three-page essay detailing the day's events so if there's anything super important that you need the other GSTLs/GSAs/ETL-GE to read, underline, bold, italicize it so you know they'll see it. If you're looking to promote or had a particularly great day up front, don't be afraid to send your recaps to your STL, ETLs and SrTLs.

I had a template similar to some others here...

REDCards:
Attendance:
Zone:
Abandons(reshop):
Notes:

Something along those lines. Best to keep it short and sweet and summarize as much as possible... When I got on for E-Mail I skimmed and got off ASAP, no time to take my time reading.

For the above reason, I HIGHLY recommend using a template that is fast and easy to fill out. Also use Distribution Lists for sending it to your recipients. I had a couple different ones, but for my closing notes I always sent them to all the GSTL/GSA's and the entire ETL team.

I usually do a short summary of how the night went, then the redcards for the day then bullet points of any information they might need to know in the morning

I don't have a template in mind, but I usually start off with how many REDcards we got (not enough), how the zone is (terrible), attendance (also terrible), and anything else of note such as if I had to talk to anyone about anything or any observations I've made regarding the cashiers' strategies for getting REDcards. I'd say a good 50% of the e-mail is REDcards alone.

Love how it's all about redcards. No mention of sales, which, by the way, is how we actually get paid. You know, that little reason we are all here .... Money. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't get paid in redcards.

"But unknown, they can look up sales." But they can't look up the number of redcards we got?

Like @redndkhaki and @GSAhole, I generally use a set format for my recap emails (at my store, we have both opening and closing emails).

Hey Team,

Today/Tonight the store was busy/slow; I called for backup a few times and received prompt responses from the Sales Floor.

Tasks Completed:
Attendance:
Top Performer:
Bottom Performer:
REDcards:
Opening/Closing GSTL/GSA:

I would just recommend keeping your emails short and easy to read. Not everyone has the time to read a three-page essay detailing the day's events so if there's anything super important that you need the other GSTLs/GSAs/ETL-GE to read, underline, bold, italicize it so you know they'll see it. If you're looking to promote or had a particularly great day up front, don't be afraid to send your recaps to your STL, ETLs and SrTLs.

What do you mean by performer? As far as number of guests checked out or number of Redcard sign ups?

What do you mean by performer? As far as number of guests checked out or number of Redcard sign ups?

When I think of top and bottom performer it goes much further than that. Top performer would be someone that met/exceeded expectations. Got red cards, was fast fun friendly, maybe a guest comment or something they did that was just a little extra. Bottom would be someone that wasn't meeting expectations. No red cards, observed not being FFF/vibing, maybe seen texting or loafing.

As an ETL I always hated closing emails. They were useless.

1. Sales. Why? I could pull that up in less time than opening an email.
2. Opportunities. Why? I would read the message and flush it. I could figure out opportunities in my walk. I always found more than what was in the closing email.
3. The rest was useless crap as well.

If there is something to important to pass on, find. But the expected closing message was a useless waste of time, done because I was told I had to do it.

As an ETL I always hated closing emails. They were useless.

1. Sales. Why? I could pull that up in less time than opening an email.
2. Opportunities. Why? I would read the message and flush it. I could figure out opportunities in my walk. I always found more than what was in the closing email.
3. The rest was useless crap as well.

If there is something to important to pass on, find. But the expected closing message was a useless waste of time, done because I was told I had to do it.

Good points! I'm surprised they don't have a metric yet to measure closing emails, since they are pretty useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back