Archived GSA Fed up, think I'm gonna throw in the towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about my vacation pay? how does that work?

Depends on your state. Some payout upon termination. Talk to your HR.

You could have them not terminate you until after they use the vacation after your final day (Some won't let you)

You can also use self service to use vacation on previous weeks where you were under your average hours. Best of luck to you!

Trust me your not the only one. In all my years I think I have seen the most leadership changes this year both on a district and store level. Even our DTL and STL changed this year. I’m even worried about my future with Spot more than ever before.

I feel bad for all GSAs. Basically you're a GSTL, you get closing/opening shifts, and you carry out mostly GSTL duties. I guess that's why it's guest service ASSISTANT... but not when you're doing everything for the GSTL, at that point you yourself should just become the GSTL. Lots of GSAs at my store get just plain old GSA midshifts or Guest Service Desk shifts to boot, so that's not too bad, in all honesty. Some GSAs might open while the GSTL comes in later for a midshift, and at my store we had two GSTLs so the next GSTL would come in later to close. Unfortunately, one of our GSTLs just quit, so that leaves a bit of a void.

However, I may inquiry about it. I know I'd never get the position in a million years because I don't have a degree or THAT much experience in a leadership position at Target(but I do however have leadership experience from my Subway job) there's just a million other people that are most likely going to be external or transfers that are 100% more qualified than me, and that's my problem nowadays. If I get offered a GSA position but put on the bench for a TL position I'd probably say yes, but if all they can offer me is a GSA position then meh. I've seen too many GSAs leave to know it's not that fun of a job for the pay you get.

What about my vacation pay? how does that work?

All states are different. You can ask HR about your particular state.

Alternatively, you can also read the 2017 Time Off Program Guide (Go to the Target Pay and Benefits Website --> Login --> Go to Health & Insurance tab --> Click on Time Off under Summary Plan Descriptions/Plan Guidelines --> Click on Time Off Program Guide for Non Exempt TM --> PDF guide will open).

According to the 2017 Time Off Program Guide:
- [A]ll unused vacation accrued after January 1, 2016, will be forfeited unless you work in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Rhode Island, or employment ends due to retirement or death. If you have any unused vacation prior to January 1, 2016*, that vacation will be paid to you upon termination—regardless of the state in which you worked or the reason for which your employment ended.
- Personal holidays are also a gratuity or a gift offered by Target and are not considered wages or paid in lieu of taking personal holidays unless required by law. Therefore, personal holiday hours earned but unused will not be paid to you upon termination, whether voluntary or involuntary, unless you work in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Rhode Island.
- As a benefit, accrued sick time is available only under certain circumstances related to your health or your family’s health circumstances. It is not accrued or paid out at termination or under any other circumstances.
- Well-being Time will not be paid out at termination.

Payout States: California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Rhode Island.

So basically, a TM's hours are divided as follows:
- Vacation-Payout (the number of vacation hours you accrued prior to January 1, 2016; eligible for payout)
- Vacation
- Personal Holiday
- Sick-Payout (the number of sick hours you accrued that was eligible for payout)
- Sick
- Well-being

If you live in a payout state, then you will get everything besides Sick and Well-being. You lose any unused Sick and Well-being time at the time of termination.

If you live in a non-payout state, you will only get Vacation-Payout and Sick-Payout. You will lose any unused Vacation, Personal Holiday, Sick, and Well-being if you don't use them before leaving. Also, the policy is that you must use up all of your Vacation-Payout first BEFORE using Vacation. They won't let you use Vacation and then get paid the Vacation Payout at the time of termination. Same policy with the sick time.

Hope this helps!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being a GSA, when it's tough it's tough, but it can also be piss easy on slow days.

The main allure of becoming a GSA for me was having a supervisory position on my resume for future jobs, and basically a guarunteed 40 hours a week. I really aspired to become a TL, but the way my store is going lately has opened my eyes up to the fact that all of the hard work I do and how much I deeply care about truly delivering a good guest expierience is basically going unnnoticed and it really isn't worth it.

I have multiple references for a starting position at a new job and will be applying soon...14-15$ starting minimum....looking forward to working half of the hours I do now and making almost the same paycheck with 90% less responsibility.

I'd take it, if I was able to find a job like that I'd take it in a heartbeat. Not saying I hate Spot, but there's better paying jobs out there for the same responsibilities. In your case, you're working less, less responsibility, but making the same. I was hoping to nail a Car Salesman job, but I failed to appeal to the dealership managers. It wouldn't of been less work(probably much more) but would of been more pay.

EDIT: Slow days? Pssh... winter is coming. aka quarter 4.

I'd take it, if I was able to find a job like that I'd take it in a heartbeat. Not saying I hate Spot, but there's better paying jobs out there for the same responsibilities. In your case, you're working less, less responsibility, but making the same. I was hoping to nail a Car Salesman job, but I failed to appeal to the dealership managers. It wouldn't of been less work(probably much more) but would of been more pay.

EDIT: Slow days? Pssh... winter is coming. aka quarter 4.

Did they get back to you finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back