Archived GSA/GSTL questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far should I utilize the empowerment that is given to the cashier for "vibing?" Say that the lines are getting backed up. But I think ive been using it too often. Also any tips on managing the lanes more efficiently when it's busy but I still need to get things done such as front lanes reshop/zone/dollarspot/candy

Best practice for cashier empowerment is: If it's under a $20 price difference, change it. *I tell mine that if they feel uncomfortable, they can call me, but unless it requires my supervisor number you're more than empowered to make the decision yourself.

Best practice for lines getting backed up: If lines exceed 1 + 1 and you can't clean it up by speedweaving, call for backup. Backing up can vary by store, though. At my Ultra Low Volume store, the GSA/GSTL always answers backup calls except during peak/busiest sales hours. We utilize our front end team first; so if the cart attendant can backup cashier, pull him or her to do that before calling for the sales floor. Guest traffic is hard to predict, but you can call for backups as often as necessary, sometimes that'll be every 20 minutes, sometimes it'll only be 1 or 2 times per day.

As far as getting tasks done..... Your guests come first. Guest service comes first. Plan your day accordingly so you (or somebody) can work reshop/zone/dollarspot/candy early in the morning or late at night (when it's slow enough to do so.) You should be driving for conversion, cashier speed, fast checkout, and great service first... Finishing any of those tasks you mentioned should rank second behind guest service 99% of the time!

Hopefully that helped. There are a lot of knowledgable GSTL's and GSA's on this forum, so feel free to browse around or reach out to us :)

recently I have been being scheduled as gsa But im not a gsa i have all. The responsibilities and i have to do all their work i dont receive the same pay i have no supervisor number cant close lanes im not even up for a promotion were just short on gsa/gstl atm i even get. Coached for not maiking goals for redcards. I have had no training. At all for this position as well is this ok for me to be doing

recently I have been being scheduled as gsa But im not a gsa i have all. The responsibilities and i have to do all their work i dont receive the same pay i have no supervisor number cant close lanes im not even up for a promotion were just short on gsa/gstl atm i even get. Coached for not maiking goals for redcards. I have had no training. At all for this position as well is this ok for me to be doing

In short, no. It isn't. Talk to your ETL-HR or STL about it, or possibly call the integrity hotline if your ETL-HR can't change anything.

I would go to the HR ETL and tell them that you can't take anymore of those shifts until you've had training.
If you don't get the training and the pay raise call the hotline.

Look, technically you SHOULD have training to do GSA/GSTL but it isn't mandatory for a temporary basis.

Also if you're worth your salt and can learn quickly and problem solve, it is something that you don't really need much training on anyway. The exception being cash procedures for 239 and such.

You can go to your HR/STL and say you can't do it, because of no training, but you're making waves at that point and it could reflect badly on you for not being a "team player". Instead I would just partner with a GSTL/GSA and get as much info as you can. Run into something you don't understand fully? Write it down and ask someone.

Yep, you "shouldn't" be doing it...but it might not be worth the hassle fighting. And believe me, the 50 cent pay increase still isn't worth the headaches.
Ooh girl preach! So not worth the headaches.

Agreed, it's most definitely not. I feel like, really, the only requirements for GSA are being able to provide amazing service and knowing service desk really well..

I wish this was only temporary but were down to one gstl and 2 gsa one of which can only.open the gstl is going back to school on september and my etl isnt trying to hire and new gsa gstl they just keep using my new schedule consists of 6 gsa shifts all closings when i told my boss about it she said well we need you theirs no one else which is true since were down an etl and a senior team lead my stores a training store for etls all the ones i have just became etls or are fresh out college and barley know what to do most of them dont even know service desk or front end brand im trained in every area of the store and most nights fill in the call offs for areas im even trained as an operator i never even get a thank you for helping

I wish this was only temporary but were down to one gstl and 2 gsa one of which can only.open the gstl is going back to school on september and my etl isnt trying to hire and new gsa gstl they just keep using my new schedule consists of 6 gsa shifts all closings when i told my boss about it she said well we need you theirs no one else which is true since were down an etl and a senior team lead my stores a training store for etls all the ones i have just became etls or are fresh out college and barley know what to do most of them dont even know service desk or front end brand im trained in every area of the store and most nights fill in the call offs for areas im even trained as an operator i never even get a thank you for helping
Gtc to you, for helping us out, tonight.

Like it has been said above, Since this sounds like a long-term setup, you should really approach your ETL-GE and say something along the lines of "Hey, if I'm going to be filling in long-term, could you go over the GSA learning plan with me? I want to make sure I have all the knowledge I need to do this well."

...That'll make you look good, and it'll also help you get the tools you need to succeed

So tonight i talked with my hr who told me basicaly im an unoficial gsa with all supervisory duties and roles in the store but im not a real gsa so training isnt really needed nor am i entitled to a pay increase she told me 50% of my shifts have to be in gsa i worked 6 shifts last week 3 were gsa someones math is wrong

So tonight i talked with my hr who told me basicaly im an unoficial gsa with all supervisory duties and roles in the store but im not a real gsa so training isnt really needed nor am i entitled to a pay increase she told me 50% of my shifts have to be in gsa i worked 6 shifts last week 3 were gsa someones math is wrong

That is so not right.

Until you are signed off as a GSA and you sign off on the Core Roles of being a GSA. You cannot be coached or be put on corrective action.

If you are just filling in for the position. I feel for you. You have all the same duties but no authority or permission to complete the tasks.

I was an acting FATL on many occasions. Which pretty much meant I ordered the supplies, food, and troubleshooted problems/called for repairs. Yet I couldn't coach one certain TM for leaving FA in a horrid mess or leaving expired food out.

It goes off hours not shifts. Plus it has to be consistent over a several week period.

If they're making you an unofficial GSA on a consistent basis though (like weekly), I'd ask if it's possible to get the position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back