Archived GSA hired from outside HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new to Target. I hve been hired on as a GSA. Im trying my best to learn Target's policies and procedures. It does seem though that some people I guess are irritated that I was hired since I didn't already work at Target. This position does require you to be very knowledgeable in GS and Cash handling etc.. As im still learning when questions are asked there are a lot that I don't know. I use all resources to find the answer if i dont know. When Im on the floor. I am learning and being trained and shadowing. . It's definitely an experience. I want people to be able to depend on me. And not feel like "don't ask the new gsa anything they don't know nothing" attitude that im getting from some people. Im up to the challenge of mastering this position. I knoe i can amd will. What tips/advice do you all have for me?

The reason for some possible attitude is that TMs have spent months or years in that store, and are wanting to move up.

Just remember to help direct the Front along with the GSTL. Cross train on all areas of the Front that way you can be utilized in emergencies.

Everything is pretty much straight forward and done by the POS for cashier and GS. You will direct and give feedback to the GSTL so they can handle any supervisory needs.

Read guides forum and get a sense for guest service work center.

Welcome!

What is the GSA position in your store? Is it an assistant to the GSTL on duty or is it a stand in for the shifts there is not a GSTL?

Greetings and salutations.
From everything I've read about your job it's time to run screaming into the night :)
But than what do I know, I put up signs while most of the store screams at me to do it faster.

The advice I give GSAs is to partner with TLOD and LOD if you are having issues. By the time you relay the message to your GSTL, it will be too late. Have a leader in the store take care of issues that are not part of your core roles, and they will do what is necessary.

What is the GSA position in your store? Is it an assistant to the GSTL on duty or is it a stand in for the shifts there is not a GSTL?

At my store GSTL/GSA are pretty equal except for writing corrective actions and coaching are the only things that differ. Everything else is equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back