Archived GSA POSITION

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing those laws are specific to your state. I don't think it would be a requirement to be 21. However, it's absolutely a disadvantage and some leaders might not even consider you for the position if they think they'll have to get called out of their office to do an override.

I think it depends on your store we have one GSA who is twenty. In the training if you're a minor and someone is returning alcohol you are simply supposed to get the GSTL or LOD to complete the return. No different than for a cashier.

For the most part though our under 21s just cashier or get service desk shifts.

I think I have 3 under-21 GSAs right now. Or at least they were under 21 when they got promoted. You can sell any alcohol when you're 18 in my city/state.

All of the GSA's at my store are 18-20 and they were talking to a minor about becoming a GSA, but my store doesn't sell alcohol, so the alcohol part wouldn't be an issue for her. It could also just depend on your store and state.

Not entirely sure if this is one that we will be able to answer unless someone here is also in your state. In my state, you only have to be 18 to sell alcohol so any GSA over 18 is fine. I was 18 when I promoted to GSA.

It's a great stepping stone. Most of the TLS in my store started as GSA.
Same at our store. You have to be 18 years old where I work. Our GSA's have a lot of responsibility, almost the same as the GSTL but with a lot less pay. We have one GSA who is 20 years old. She can sell alcohol and over ride it for minors but she can not complete Alcohol returns because you have to be 21 or older. It's not an issue though. All of our Service Desk Team Members are 21+ and can do the return.

18 is the norm. Though from what I know there is no 100% set rule.
At a low volume non p-fresh store I support help once a week currently there is a 17 year old GSA. The store does have a very small alcohol section but apparently it has yet to be an issue.

I'll never understand by Target hires minors for cashiering when they can't sell alcohol. It's enough of an inconvenience that I can't help but wonder, "So many other positions, why cashier?"

I'll never understand by Target hires minors for cashiering when they can't sell alcohol. It's enough of an inconvenience that I can't help but wonder, "So many other positions, why cashier?"
Considering how often I call for backup and get a minor from the sales floor, I don't find much difference, personally. Murphy's Law says they're guaranteed to get the one alcohol sale despite three adults on registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back