Archived GSA to Receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay! youre the ETL LOG. you post that there is an opening for a receiver role. you have 3 applicants.

first, former receiver. was a receiver for several years WITH TARGET. AT the store you work in. (was on LOA and came back and he was moved into backroom)

second, TM who you say can be placed anywhere and be successful, and backroom TL has given name as a recommend for the role.

third, GSA with no backroom EXP, no Flow EXP, no logistics EXP whatsoever.

keep in mind ... your current receiver is 2 weeks behind in their tasks, OR MORE, and barely tries at this point. also, holiday rush and crazy vendors.

who do you think got picked at MY store?

My store has gone through its share of receivers recently. My thoughts:

1. Former receiver may not have met expectations of some kind. If they came back from LOA and were sent to backroom I can understand if the role was filled. But they may have been purposefully moved.
  2. The "place anywhere" people are good to have and you need them to be just that, placed anywhere. As receiver you can get pigeonholed just as you can with AP. If you see them promotable soon then don't put them as receiver, they need to train more in other areas. I was kept in backroom and shuffled around before I became a TL, with the receiver soon to be leaving. I wanted the position but they told me no. I became a backup instead.
  3. If they're a GSA they understand dealing with many people at once and upholding policy (vendor control). Maybe they've expressed interest in a logistics position? Maybe they want someone with fresh eyes that they can mold into a proper receiver. I sense there's more to the story here, receiving is a key position with a lot of power/control. They wouldn't throw a random person back there. I sense some trust that they're at least a GSA and not a random cashier.

ASANTS but if you are a half decent GSA, you will get a TL position, thats how it goes at my store.
Definitely ASANTS, as my store never promotes GSAs. Its a dead end position, If your good, they work you to death as your to valuable where you are and therefore hared to replace in a position very few people want.

1. Former receiver may not have met expectations of some kind. If they came back from LOA and were sent to backroom I can understand if the role was filled. But they may have been purposefully moved.
  2. The "place anywhere" people are good to have and you need them to be just that, placed anywhere. As receiver you can get pigeonholed just as you can with AP. If you see them promotable soon then don't put them as receiver, they need to train more in other areas. I was kept in backroom and shuffled around before I became a TL, with the receiver soon to be leaving. I wanted the position but they told me no. I became a backup instead.
  3. If they're a GSA they understand dealing with many people at once and upholding policy (vendor control). Maybe they've expressed interest in a logistics position? Maybe they want someone with fresh eyes that they can mold into a proper receiver. I sense there's more to the story here, receiving is a key position with a lot of power/control. They wouldn't throw a random person back there. I sense some trust that they're at least a GSA and not a random cashier.

Wait, were they looking to step-down? or were they actually using a TL to backup the Receiver?

Honestly, besides Perishables Assistants (I am biased, but they deal with vendors more than GSA's) I think GSA's would actually make the next best fit, Signing TM as well.

they were out for 9 months on LOA due to family issues, which they live in india. he knew he wasnt coming back to being a receiver.
as for #2, im not sure if they even want to be a TL
i honestly dont know the GSA. i mean i know who they are but i dont know them personally i just thought it was a weird choice but ...

Whoever I think can do the job well.

Are you #2?

NOPE! but, im backroom and the backroom TL has a big mouth when theyre mad. and they were heated.

Wait, were they looking to step-down? or were they actually using a TL to backup the Receiver?

Honestly, besides Perishables Assistants (I am biased, but they deal with vendors more than GSA's) I think GSA's would actually make the next best fit, Signing TM as well.

POG/Pricing TL is used as a back up for ship from store so why not?

We have a TL as the backup receiver. That TL's department suffers because of it though.

I am a TL and the backup receiver.

I think I got a bit turned around in my original post. I originally wanted to be the receiver when my old receiver was leaving. But I was on bench and up for promotion so I didn't get it. I still know more about the position than anyone in my store, including my new receiver...

to me, if the team suffers without the leader than the TMs need to be better developed so they can function with or without the TL.
That particular department only has one other TM. They do a fantastic job, but they can't be two people at once.

oh okay its a numbers issue, not enough hands on deck. thats different altogether then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back