Archived Gstl lost keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm on my last day of training and today I misplaced the new set of gstl keys, that the etl-ap just ordered for us a week ago!!! I'm not even a month in! And I fired or no? Do you think they're gonna keep me after my 90 days? :( I did tell my etl-ge... She just told me to find them!

Depending on your leadership, losing keys can burn, a lot, 'cause you're fired.

I'm not sure what all the GSTL keys have but everything has to get new locks, new keys have to be made and issued, etc

GSTL keys don't have as much as they used to; mainly the cash advance drawer, the lock drawer at the service desk & the GE office.
Normally it could be a final & it could be worse if you're under 90 days but ASANTS.

GSTL keys don't have as much as they used to; mainly the cash advance drawer, the lock drawer at the service desk & the GE office.
Normally it could be a final & it could be worse if you're under 90 days but ASANTS.
There's a lot of money in that drawer! Plus ours has a mag key and a locking case key (not sure if it's the same core as the electronics cases or not)

Thing is, I didn't sign them out. The opening GSA did. Ehhh im over it, ill find it tomorrow

It is definitely either a Final Warning or instant Termination.

Also I hope that isn't your store number in your name...

If they have gone over the new Key Control Policy with you it is a Final Warning

Final Warnings don't apply to people still in their 90 day learning period. Not sure if this is an exception.

There's a lot of money in that drawer! Plus ours has a mag key and a locking case key (not sure if it's the same core as the electronics cases or not)
Back in the day our keys opened the key box, jewelry cases, some electronic cases, the GE office, register drawers (before we upgraded), magnet key, the GS lock drawer & cash advance.
Yes, there's a lot of $$ in the cash advance but our keys are just limited to front end so there would be three locks max that would have to be re-keyed at our store.

Back in the day our keys opened the key box, jewelry cases, some electronic cases, the GE office, register drawers (before we upgraded), magnet key, the GS lock drawer & cash advance.
Yes, there's a lot of $$ in the cash advance but our keys are just limited to front end so there would be three locks max that would have to be re-keyed at our store.
I'm no locksmith, but wouldn't any lock changes affect the master keys as well? And if those need to be changed, it affects a huge chunk of the store.

I'm no locksmith, but wouldn't any lock changes affect the master keys as well? And if those need to be changed, it affects a huge chunk of the store.
Nope.. All you'd have to do is change out those 3 cores that correspond to a new 'GSA key'. Any master key would still open it as the core would be configured for that specific master.

If a master key is lost its a final warning. It means every lock in the store must be replaced.

GSTL keys can be a final warning. Really depends on the leadership and how they want to handle it.

About anything with keys is final warning. Just taking FA keys home is a final warning.

I would highly suggest looking in your laundry, bags, your car, the lockers, office space.....

A total store re-key is near $20,000. It did not happen at my store, but another in the area.

i have taken the cart keys home at least 4 times this year.i know they are not as inportant as gstl keys.but i have taken them home when i was the closer but always got up eary and returned them way before the miday cart attendant came in

Thing is, I didn't sign them out. The opening GSA did. Ehhh im over it, ill find it tomorrow
Yeah, that won't ride. Because the GSA should be able to give the keys to their boss to borrow and expect their TL to lose them.

You can't be "over it." I wouldn't have left until I found those keys, because now you are looking for a needle in a haystack and your job is on the line.

A total store re-key is near $20,000. It did not happen at my store, but another in the area.
I'm pretty sure it's not that much. But I could be wrong.

They don't send a locksmith in to do it. The AP leader is tasked with doing it. So the cost is all in the kit (of lock cores) they send. I had to help my ETL do a complete re-core of the store. It's not fun. Just think of everything that uses a key in the store would need to be replaced. All electronic lock cases, all doors, all offices, all padlocks. I think electronics alone was nearly 200 cores.

One thing is for sure. Key control will be strict for a while after a total re-core of the store.

Last edited:
I think our GSTL key sets have a number 2, 6, and 11(?) key, the two keys required for SCO machines, those little FOB's for the ipad alarms, one to remove the little magnetic keys/openers stationed at registers, and a couple other randoms
-
We've had one person take home GSTL once, they had it for 2 days before they came back in, and they just got a slap on the wrist. Somebody else took a GSTL set home and called right away and came back within a couple hours, but was still put on a CCA

I think our GSTL key sets have a number 2, 6, and 11(?) key, the two keys required for SCO machines, those little FOB's for the ipad alarms, one to remove the little magnetic keys/openers stationed at registers, and a couple other randoms
-
We've had one person take home GSTL once, they had it for 2 days before they came back in, and they just got a slap on the wrist. Somebody else took a GSTL set home and called right away and came back within a couple hours, but was still put on a CCA

I would've pointed to the inconsistent action and put a stop to the CA

I would've pointed to the inconsistent action and put a stop to the CA

That brings up a whole new issue of TMs discussing their CA or lack of with others. The only thing about "fair and consistent" is that it's typically unfair and inconsistent.

That brings up a whole new issue of TMs discussing their CA or lack of with others. The only thing about "fair and consistent" is that it's typically unfair and inconsistent.

Oh I let everyone know that tea when they tried that shit on me. We also did a group call to the hotline (about 10 of us). Who would you expect is really the problem when you've had all the same TLs and ETLs for years but almost all team members are just a couple months in at any time.

I wonder what happened if they didn't....being under 90 days.

ASANTS, but one of my fellow GSA's lost the GSTL keys recently and broke the SCO key on the second pair of keys. I don't think any action was taken against her, but I'm not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back