GSTL register access

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store, only a handful of us have received access, post modernization. Basically only the opening and closing SAs. No one else will be getting it even if they work as a service advocate for the majority of their shifts.

I thought post modernization all SAs had to have it because they're meant to be handling more?

I'm a Service Advocate and Front of Store Attendant. I'm not in any form some random stranger. I'm from a Target.I asked questions since have of you just know everything, I don't why half of you act like i'm doing something suspicious. Me and my coworker from worked asked becuase she is a gsa, and has the access, and wanted to know how exactly it gets handed down from gsa to gsa, since she told the previous person that gave her the access was a fellow gsa team member as well and not a TL.
Edit your post. Store location present. You might of outed yourself to spot. Ck on workday for your title. Once confirmed, ask your tl for access. Your mgt may not be giving you access, because you are not trusted or been there long enough. There is no extra pay for it.

I like your response a lot. See thank you for clarifying. If everyone else would of made it that simple without all this extra superstition, that all I would of asked for and carried on.
Seriously dude or chick or whatever? You can't step outside yourself and say "Gee, what would I think if a random stranger started asking online how to get supervisor access to get into the registers that carry a lot of money? What would I think if they refuse to see their leadership but instead wants to get the answer anonymously?" You can't see how suspicious that is and how fraudulent that sounds? You can't see how at this time of year any criminal knowing that information can just wear a red shirt and jeans in and use that knowledge to get access an unused register and take all the money, or ring up a buddy very expensive items at 99% off, or create a receipt trail to return stolen items, or whatever else the criminals can think of?

And was this non-GSA trying to give you access, per post 23, or just simply showing you her access, per post 48? Big difference between "Let's get you set up" - and- "See what I have" followed by "I want, I want, I want".

I thought post modernization all SAs had to have it because they're meant to be handling more?
I think by the book they are supposed to be doing so, but I also think a lot of stores are putting self-preservation above the corporate dictate to give every flaky seasonal or permanent new hire full access to money.

My store almost all not brand new Service Advocates have it and some long time checkout advocates have it too

At my store, a lot of seasonal guest advocates were given sup #s for Black Friday. I thought that was dumb, but they didn't ask my opinion. I've had them since they were able to give them to guest advocates. I am able to grant sup access to others, but I haven't been given permission. I leave that for the SETLs.

My store almost all not brand new Service Advocates have it and some long time checkout advocates have it too
I gave it too a few of my guest service TMs pre modernization. If you trusted them to be at the service desk you should trust them with supervisor numbers

At my store, a lot of seasonal guest advocates were given sup #s for Black Friday. I thought that was dumb, but they didn't ask my opinion. I've had them since they were able to give them to guest advocates. I am able to grant sup access to others, but I haven't been given permission. I leave that for the SETLs.
Nice thing about access; it can be given OR taken away.
A lot of our wanna-be junior SETLs howled when their access was taken away but nearly one in three guest advocates had access.
Not any more.

Nice thing about access; it can be given OR taken away.
A lot of our wanna-be junior SETLs howled when their access was taken away but nearly one in three guest advocates had access.
Not any more.

It certainly does cause a fat head LOL. There was a rumor they would take access away from the TMs who don't need it. Before that there was a rumor that all the advocates would have them. My ETL can't make up her mind. I don't see the point in taking it away from people unless you don't trust them and want to piss them off.

Omg yeah. They knew a barista was stealing, waited for it to hit felony level, then hauled her to jail.
That’s awesome. I get a lot of people that steal do so because they can afford things but I’ll never understand why people steal from where you work.... how can people be THAT stupid

That’s awesome. I get a lot of people that steal do so because they can afford things but I’ll never understand why people steal from where you work.... how can people be THAT stupid
Yeah especially target because you know how many cameras we have and literally everything you do on POS is under your numbers. Like you really think no ones gonna notice you keep giving discounts to friends?

Yeah, exactly. But my suspicion for this thread is that it's not a TM, just a person who got hold of a TM's number, and won't need access to a register for long to steal - whether directly, whether tricky receipt creation with accomplices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back