Archived GSTL to Senior TL??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe so, there are several Sr.GSTL who post here I think?

That's interesting..they told me I'd have to move somewhere on the sales floor in order to be one. I think it's just a ploy though

Could be a scheduling thing (they don't want to disrupt the GSA/GSTL rotation by giving one of them LOD shifts), could be a store management thing (the STL has tried Sr.-GSTLs before and it didn't work out for some reason), could even be a district policy (same as the last explanation but insert DTL in place of STL). Who knows?

It's a stupid policy, I think, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were actually lying about it. It's not a company policy, but that's all we can really say for sure.

I had a Sr. GSTL for awhile, but they were promoted to ETL at a different store.

Wow your etl-ge covers a lot.... Bet his job sucks lol.

The sales floor ETL- HL/SL/GE in my store covers everything except the concrete of the backroom. LOL Even more interesting is that we actually run over on ETL's, otherwise it would be even worse.

There is a Sr.GSTL in my store.

Its technically possible. But at my former stores, I have seen a number of GSTLs held back and kept in their positions so that the store wouldn't bare the idea of searching for a GSTL replacement.

That's interesting..they told me I'd have to move somewhere on the sales floor in order to be one. I think it's just a ploy though

I can understand why though. If you were scheduled as GSTL, you'd be stuck at the front end, but the LOD has to be available for the whole store. Either you'd have to be scheduled in a different workcenter (i.e. Hardlines) for your LOD shifts or you'd need double coverage at the front end.

A couple years ago, when one of our SrTLs was on LOA, one of our GSTLs was temporarily a SrTL. On his LOD days, he was scheduled in Hardlines instead of GSTL.

I'm in an ULV store (2 GSTLs and 3 GSAs) and one of our GSTLs is a senior TL. She gets scheduled on the salesfloor when she's supposed to be LOD, but still has 1-3 GSTL shifts each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back