Archived GSTLs and email sent to cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullseyekindaguy

Former logistics/guest experience intern!
I am a GSTL-in-training and yesterday my ETL-GE gave a paper with instructions on how to set-up Target email on my iPhone. She said that was important to have email on my phone so I didn't have to visit the office to check it, she could check in on converison when she was off, etc.

But won't get those emails on my personal cell phone while off the clock be considered "working off the clock?" I asked the other TL's in my store, and NONE of them have their phone set-up to get Target emails. I really don't want to pay for Target to send me crap when I'm not there.

Do I really have to do this?

My PTL had his phone set up but I'm pretty sure it wasn't mandatory.
It was annoying since I know he was sending stuff when he was off the clock.
Considering the crap he pulled on me I almost wish I'd mentioned that to the STL when they started harassing me.

I am a GSTL-in-training and yesterday my ETL-GE gave a paper with instructions on how to set-up Target email on my iPhone. She said that was important to have email on my phone so I didn't have to visit the office to check it, she could check in on converison when she was off, etc.

But won't get those emails on my personal cell phone while off the clock be considered "working off the clock?" I asked the other TL's in my store, and NONE of them have their phone set-up to get Target emails. I really don't want to pay for Target to send me crap when I'm not there.

No.

Uhh, did you try? Because it shouldn't work. It should only work for "exempt" employees... AKA execs, and anyone else who would be salaried. That's because, you're exactly right, it would be considered "working off the clock" otherwise. Sounds like your ETL-GE is probably new, and young, and overzealous/excited.

email to your phone is only for salaried Execs. Your GE either doesn't know (because they do it, they might just assume you do) or is ignoring that. It is considered working off the clock. not sure what your store's cell phone policy is either, could be in violation.

ETL once called a Sr TL at home to ask where something was. I told her she couldn't do that. Another ETL once told HR to call the SFT because the cleaning crew didn't show up.

My SFT told me they have I respond to calls. They are always on call. But when these calls are made they must submit a punch correction for the time spent on the phone. Whenever an ETL or even TL, myself, call him we make it routine to remind him don't forget to do a punch correction.

Uhh, did you try? Because it shouldn't work. It should only work for "exempt" employees... AKA execs, and anyone else who would be salaried. That's because, you're exactly right, it would be considered "working off the clock" otherwise. Sounds like your ETL-GE is probably new, and young, and overzealous/excited.

Nope, I did not try. Not giving anymore time to the company then I have too, unless I'm paid for it.

Interestingly enough, she did manage to get ahold of my personal e-mail account (I sent her my availability or something) and I was getting Target related e-mails. I didn't say anything, but my STL noticed the e-mail that didn't end with "target.com" and had a discussion with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back