Archived GSTLs/GSAs who can't get REDcards

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are trying to groom me into a GSA position and are trying to develop me. I know one reason - one of the current GSA's are trying to quit because the job is too stressful.I'm perfect as a leader when GSA's let me cover their breaks but I won't be one permanently. Not for that crappy rate of pay.

That..and the red cards. Oy. I hear enough of them as a cashier/guest services TM. I don't hate them, but I sure as hell don't think they're the second coming of Christ.
There is so much more to being a GSA then covering breaks. You have a front end to run and are pulled in a hundred directions at once putting out fires.

Let me ask you, what is the pay level you would accept to run a department during your shift? I don't think there is a job in retail where anyone (excluding the upper echelon) are paid fairly for the job they do.

And no, redcards are not the second coming but sadly that is Target's target. Granted, they do set goals that are unrealistic, but that's management delusions. Bottom feeders are needed to help make that goal somewhat doable.
Any retail establishment has goals that need to be set and if the goals aren't set someone is going to hear about it.

I've done shifts before while my ETL-GE was there, he wanted me to have a taste because he likes me and bc I have previous experience as a manager. We're just as good as the other managers when given the chance. At my store it's like a 50 cent rase to be a gsa, and a few more dollars than that to be a gstl. What I don't like is when other TLs come from other depts to the front temporally act like they have all our shit figured out. Hence, the God complex comment. Not all of us aren't skilled. I do admit I am a bit more ballsy than the rest of the cashiers which is why I am given so many opportunities.

The red card is still a pain in the ass. There are many that treat the red card like it's special. I like getting them but I think the culture and optimism regarding them is kind of over the top.

It is nice learning a new skill though thanks to the card. It'll probably help down the road at my next job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back