Archived GTC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at my store every TL is expected to write a billion of these because we totally have the time to do this. I mean what else would I do with my self besides Idk hold down the entire sl floor pad? Anyway...
I'm getting bored with writing the same thanks for using a box cutter safely and thanks for asking can I help you find something? While some of mine are based on inidivuals and what they actually do to make the numbers I write a lot of bogus ones.

So my question what are some fun ones you guys have gotten? And what are some rad ideas to make them less lame looking with my chicken scratch handing writing?

For safety: Thanks for tying your shoes today!

I actually wrote a great teams card like this before, on a safety card! I had a team member that was constantly stepping on his shoelaces and tripping. He actually got coached one time by our STL, since he would literally fall all over the place..

On the rare occasion that you actually have a team to lead in softlines, you can thank them for responding quickly to back-up at the lanes. Because if you have any TMs, they're for sure gonna be back-up cashing for a good portion of their shifts.

*Thanks for your daily display of exuberance! (while tackling all the monotonous tasks we throw at you)
*Thanks for not going postal at SD :O (tho many would have long ago)
*Your attention to mind-numbing detail is amazing! (and seldom appreciated)
*It's a rare TM that exhibits such enthusiasm for minutae as you so often display! (and we hope to keep it that way)
*Your grasp of the obvious is stunning! (and rare)

Throw a sticker on it or add a piece of candy. Kind of lame, but gets the job done, looks like you cared to try and most team members appreciate the candy or extra thought.... The one who don't arent worth worrying about. Who cares if they think you are lame, make the effort for your team, yourself and the company, because the few people who make the little extra effort to have some goofy fun are the best, and make the store.

I once got a safety GTC for killing a wasp that was "threatening" a guest.

As far as thinking of ones to write: I usually write something generic about a cart attendant. Seems like they are all over the place and if you ever see them just observe and write about that... they build up quick.

i throw all mine away, 99% of them say Great job doing your job! I wrote one that Said "GREAT job BEING AWESOME!!" STL was said it wasnt brand

I don't give a flying monkey about GTC. Show your appreciation to my wallet. It's why I'm here. It's why I do my job. I don't need some other tm telling me that I'm doing my job and following the rules and yippee-skippee-you-are- great-for-doing-what-is expected-and what-you-are-paid-to-do. Save the trees, save the time; give me a better raise and free coffee in the breakroom. That is all.

This is why I hated having to do those stupid GTCs when I was an ETL. We had to do like 15 or 20 a day (at least). This made them practically useless. If you give every person a card every day, then the cards mean nothing.

I constantly got in trouble with my STL and Sr. Merch because I wasn't pulling my "quota" of cards. Just one more thing I bumped heads with them about as it was a stupid "non-standard" they were trying to enforce as a Target rule; I find no logic or reason to be forced to do something that is not a true standard or rule.

You mean y'all don't get to trade them in for stuff? My store has a list of things we can "buy" with GTCs, like X gets you a Spot water bottle, Y gets you a hoodie, Z gets you a combo meal....

We write some fun ones in Pharm...just stuff like "YOU ROCK!!!", "Awesome Job being Awesome with our Awesome guests!" We do them in different color markers and add stickers.

At my store you can get a "prize" if you are the person who wrote the card that gets drawn in a monthly drawing. You don't get anything (other than a GTC) for actually doing things that get recognized.

You mean y'all don't get to trade them in for stuff? My store has a list of things we can "buy" with GTCs, like X gets you a Spot water bottle, Y gets you a hoodie, Z gets you a combo meal....

We write some fun ones in Pharm...just stuff like "YOU ROCK!!!", "Awesome Job being Awesome with our Awesome guests!" We do them in different color markers and add stickers.

we used too, soda, DVD's, candy bars. Took it away about 2 years ago, when GTC started flowing like water

I've often considered writing one that says, "Great job not being a total idiot like everyone else in hardlines tonight." Not sure how brand that would be...

At this point, an appropriate one for our store would be "Thanks for actually showing up and working your shift"! (We seem to be attendance-challenged in every department)

At this point, an appropriate one for our store would be "Thanks for actually showing up and working your shift"! (We seem to be attendance-challenged in every department)

Sounds like here too!

One of the best ones I've seen was "Thanks for keeping up the FFF attitude by picking on me!"

We can trade our GTC's for spot merchandise. I think if it was food, we would have a deluge of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back