Archived Guess what I heard today!!! An HR nightmare waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
So I met up with the LOD today to do our team's required status session with them. She was having a conversation with a group of friends (which is NONE of my business) until I hear the words from one of them "So you're interviewing me *later*, right? words words words "It's pretty much a formality but you still have to do it."
The one inquiring about the interview is a current TM working in an area managed by this particular ETL. I'm not entirely sure what position they are talking about since it's in an area that I have no desire to work in, but let's just say it's probably a GSA position. I haven't paid much attention to all of the new hires lately, but I swear that I heard that the TM was hired for a GSA position. I might be wrong, but this really rubs me the wrong way. Also, the ETL might not know better since she was only hired a few months ago.

Should I bring this up to someone? If they are friends outside of work one should not be reporting to the other, right? We already have enough of this noise going on with a SrTL and an ETL, but that was just where the chips fell when one of them got promoted. One of them should have been rotated out, but that didn't happen.

It's supposed to matter but my store wouldn't care. Ap and pricing related? No worries...meh.

technically if the store sees fit its just a formality to interview, unless there is a unique interview packet you dont really need to interview for a tm pay bump. Doing interviews is an extral mile stores go through just to make sure no jealous tm's complain about why they didnt get it. shoud you really have to answer the same questions everytime u move paygrades as a tm? At my store we only ever did interviews for gsa once and that is because we had this girl that always liked to apply for higher positions and she was the worst of the worst and thought we had to hand her positons on a silver platter. Usually the team understands when someone is clearly the best fit for a position and we just promote, no issues.

I don't see the conflict of interest - friends can report to friends...I don't know if it's a good idea, but there's no conflict of interest. Family or dating is a different story - but friends....I'd recommend you take your toys back to your own backyard!

Perhaps this TM was approached by said ETL for development and the ETL is already aware of their strengths and capabilities, therefore making the interview a formality?

I did not even get interviewed for GSA, even though they said I was supposed to...I was nervous about it for so long but then they just gave me the position, overrode my status in the system and gave me a useless raise. I know from reading these forums this is a pretty common practice. I'm surprised they interviewed this person at all, even as a "formality." They obviously knew who they wanted for the position, but in case other TM's wanted it they need to get the same opportunity. It sounds like they followed protocol, and as long as other TM's were not trying to interview for the position and got left in the dust because these people were cool with each other, I honestly don't see a problem. Is this person qualified? And were there others competing for the position?

I have never interviewed to work in other areas of the store. My STL just batted his eyelashes and pretty blue eyes and asked me if I wanted to. That's how I ended up being a GSA, Pfresh Assistant, Instocks, Pricing, Flex Fullfillment, etc...

I don't really see anything wrong with this, as long as the appropriate process is followed. That's how most promotions/workcenter changes have happened at my store.

Friends don't let friends become a GSA.

One of the most thankless jobs at Spot.

On the other hand if said friend is kind of incapable of doing anything better then cashiering and guest service, GSA is kind of the only raise they can look forward too.

The only raise you can hope for comes around once a year.

Gird your loins, Team!

It used to be considered a conflict of interest to supervise your friends or family. But, Target is all about politics now. Good luck trying to get this issue resolved. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back