Archived guest price challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you ask?

FFyC5ju.gif

It also comes out on a daily report; used to be the Price Challenge Report but now it's Price Verification or something.
It lists every item of every trans in which the price was manually changed (guest challenge, ad substitute, etc) & the TM who changed it.
IIRC, certain classes of price changes were excluded but I don't recall which class.
And AP DOES notice if the same TM is doing lots of changes.

Annoyingly the ipods don't say which cashier made the changes, only which register did, and what time of day it happened.

The GSTL will get a notification on their PDA as it happens if it's a large amount, not sure on the exact percentage threshold.

Also, every day at 11am and 4pm the Sales Floor runs Price Change Variance, which makes us go to every location of everything a cashier's changed the price of and try to determine why it was changed (expired sign, adjacent item's price, etc.) AP also looks at PCV, so the answer is doubly yes.

I always wondered that too...when I was a cashier and I'd change a price for someone, I'd let the GSTL know so she could check it to make sure there was no expired sign, etc (of course making it right for the guest though) but I knew she always either forgot or just didn't care. So I'm glad that price changes at least went to someone that had to check up on it. Does it show up different for them if it's a guest price challenge vs. ad substitute ?? I've had an LOD tell me to go ahead with a price change but hit ad sub instead of challenge and I was just wondering why.

I figured all the options on the price change menu would add a task to the PCV, not just Guest Price Challenge.

The PCV (which, by the way, stands for Price Challenge Verification) is only helpful if the person working it actually goes to each location and addresses the issues. I used to have an ETL who would just key every task and hit "looks ok" instead of actually checking them.

I always wondered that too...when I was a cashier and I'd change a price for someone, I'd let the GSTL know so she could check it to make sure there was no expired sign, etc (of course making it right for the guest though) but I knew she always either forgot or just didn't care. So I'm glad that price changes at least went to someone that had to check up on it. Does it show up different for them if it's a guest price challenge vs. ad substitute ?? I've had an LOD tell me to go ahead with a price change but hit ad sub instead of challenge and I was just wondering why.

Ad sub does not show on PCV, it is why ad sub is better for miscellaneous price changes than guest price challenge is.

does the LOD get notice of a guest price challenge

Oh yeah. AP and anyone with access to a PDA can look at the PCV, Price Challenge Verification which drops periodically. AP more so. Basically, on a cash register, consider that anything you do is logged and sent to AP. One of my TPS' said that they can pull up any register in the store, any transaction, and have a mirror image of the register screen throughout the transaction. Not sure if that's true or if he was trying to warn us not to steal from the register.

Oh yeah. AP and anyone with access to a PDA can look at the PCV, Price Challenge Verification which drops periodically. AP more so. Basically, on a cash register, consider that anything you do is logged and sent to AP. One of my TPS' said that they can pull up any register in the store, any transaction, and have a mirror image of the register screen throughout the transaction. Not sure if that's true or if he was trying to warn us not to steal from the register.

They can also pull up the matching video feed concurrently. meaning they can see every keystroke you make on the register, while also watching you do it on camera. So, yes, it's true haha. Don't steal.

I figured all the options on the price change menu would add a task to the PCV, not just Guest Price Challenge.

The PCV (which, by the way, stands for Price Challenge Verification) is only helpful if the person working it actually goes to each location and addresses the issues. I used to have an ETL who would just key every task and hit "looks ok" instead of actually checking them.

Corporate told the LODs to stop keying in the dpcis and to actually go and scan the products. So now, instead of going and checking the signs, they just go to smart sort at guest services and smart sort the dpcis so it prints out a upc and they can scan those instead of double checking the sign/product.

Thus, they can get it done, but nothing ever actually gets changed.

Shocking I tell ya, completely shocking:rolleyes:

Corporate told the LODs to stop keying in the dpcis and to actually go and scan the products. So now, instead of going and checking the signs, they just go to smart sort at guest services and smart sort the dpcis so it prints out a upc and they can scan those instead of double checking the sign/product.

That's a new way!

With the amount of time it takes to generate that many barcodes, they might as well just do the PCV correctly.

My store does that too :oops: but usually just for softlines that we can't find/NOP stuff

With the amount of time it takes to generate that many barcodes, they might as well just do the PCV correctly.

Actually, it only takes a couple of seconds to generate a barcode, so it really goes pretty quick....which for this case is rather unfortunate.

Actually, it only takes a couple of seconds to generate a barcode, so it really goes pretty quick....which for this case is rather unfortunate.

Oh, I forget that some stores' registers aren't slower than frozen molasses. When I use Smart Sort, half the time it says that the system is offline.

Yep our AP wrote someone up for giving out an extra $2...yes, $2, to a Team Member in the form of a coupon. They really are watching everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back