Archived Guest Service - register numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antivibe

Salesfloor TL
So for the past couple of months I've been doing back-up at guest service. I was never formally trained, but I kind of
got the hang of it on my own. I just learned as I went, plus POS makes it self-explanatory.
The only issue that I have is making redcard payments and doing deposits (milk bottles).
I can't process these because I only have basic TM access on the registers.
Would it be okay if I ask the GSTL for Guest Service access?
Is there a quiz I should take before asking?

It never hurts to ask the GSTL to authorize you in guest service. Most likely they will make you take the Guest Service Training book and read it then take whatever quizes you are missing but, in some cases, stores do not make you do it even though they should.

Those processes are restricted to Guest Service registers. You will have to get trained and be checked off for the Service Desk. You basically need to be an experienced cashier before you go behind Guest Service. Electronic TMs will need to have some Guest Service experience as they may have to deal with guests about restocking fees, ESPs, Red Cards and bulky items.

Payments are not that hard. Target payments only accept cash, check, and debit (depending on the bank) w/ pin. There are some banks that won't allow guests to use debit as a payment option.

If you are in a deposit state with a CAN-DO machine in store, there should be a function for deposit refunds, you basically ring up the CAN DO receipts. For any rejected cans/bottles, you have to check each one. If its a product that Target sells, you manually enter an additional deposit refund.

Your store may want you to complete the guest service learning plan before they re-key you in the system.

I was in the same position as you for a while... All I did was talk to my GSTL when I was behind the desk and say "hey, i've been doing a lot of back-ups at over here and want to learn more about it. Could I get some cross-training over there so I could pick up extra shifts in the future?"

She gave me Guest Service rights on the spot (it's just a gstl function on the POS), and the training shortly followed within the next week or so..

I am an electronics TM, so I know about the return policy for electronics. I have processed payments and deposits, but I have to have a GSTM log in the register for me. Which I'm sure isn't BP and kind of ruins the whole "back-up" situation. I have read part of the guest service training guide, not completely though.

I think I will just ask my GSTL if I can get guest service access, to make my back-up more efficient. I'm just not sure how they would react, since they're both sticklers.
I might just ask the ETL-GE, since she's really laid back and rarely follows BP ha.

Thanks for the answers!

Ask 'em how often they wanna come back there to do overrides.
Seriously, if you had to call them over X times in a 10 min period they'd change your status in a blink.
BUT you can help your cause by reading thru the service desk guide so you're familiar with all the policies, scenarios, etc.

Just ask your gstl/GSA for guest service authorization on pos. Shouldn't be any hoops to jump through

Ask 'em how often they wanna come back there to do overrides.
Seriously, if you had to call them over X times in a 10 min period they'd change your status in a blink.
BUT you can help your cause by reading thru the service desk guide so you're familiar with all the policies, scenarios, etc.

I can't even get an override because some of the features don't show up at all.
When I swipe a redcard the payment option doesn't even show, nor does the deposit option.
So I usually have to log off the register and ask a GSTM to log on using their numbers. Which is annoying because they'll be with a guest
and I have to interrupt or wait for them to finish

Just ask your gstl/GSA for guest service authorization on pos. Shouldn't be any hoops to jump through

A GSA can also authorize this? That would make things easier, since my GSTLs are kind of strict. Anyway I know it's a not a big deal, so I will just ask tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back