Archived guest survey....new guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
We've got a posted note up at guest services that talks about the guest surveys.
The note offers ideas on how to ask guests to take the survey...and they mention things to avoid asking....one thing they clearly say is that we should avoid telling the guests about the $1500 prize that they might win.

OK.....the one thing I use for incentive is to tell them they might win an instant $25 gift card....and then let them know that they have the chance for the big drawing.......I'm wondering what we're to do now? My best approach to the survey is to tell them about their possible wins.......so, who's going to want to do a survey?

If they do not want us to tell about the monthly drawing, then why have the drawing?

I don't get it.....

We've got a posted note up at guest services that talks about the guest surveys.
The note offers ideas on how to ask guests to take the survey...and they mention things to avoid asking....one thing they clearly say is that we should avoid telling the guests about the $1500 prize that they might win.

OK.....the one thing I use for incentive is to tell them they might win an instant $25 gift card....and then let them know that they have the chance for the big drawing.......I'm wondering what we're to do now? My best approach to the survey is to tell them about their possible wins.......so, who's going to want to do a survey?

If they do not want us to tell about the monthly drawing, then why have the drawing?

I don't get it.....
Our latest focus was on making sure they knew we needed the top numbers to get a green score...I mostly pitch towards the guests I walk up from seasonal (with a flat of patio junk) and check out personally. After getting to know them for fifteen minutes or more if that survey prints they are normally at least willing to pretend they will fill it out.

During one cashiering shift recently I was told only to tell guests who "looked like they would probably give us 10's"... so I stopped mentioning the survey at all.
I'm sick of the weight they put on these things, especially when you have to get over 90% for a green score. I'm sorry, but the people who are actually motivated to do the survey are usually either insanely impressed... or really pissed. Any store that is actually green either has amazing TMs who work 10x harder than they're being paid to, or someone's doing the surveys to rig the score.

I find surveys pointless in general. Fridays, kohls, taco bell everyone nowadays wants a survey and of course we have to do it. My motto is unless I do something amazing or the guest went that extra mile I really don't feel the need for a survey to be honest. Same goes with all the surveys I get at various places.

It's kind of funny I believe on workbench it actually says that we shouldn't mention or ask guests to take the survey.

I rarely mentioned the survey back in the day. I only did it when I had a guest who was obviously enthusiastic about their experience, vocally asked on how they can get things changed, or had a difficult experience.

depending on who I am ringing out and what mood they are in I have several different sayings "hey take that survey at Target.com/Survey and try to win that 1500 dollar gift card! Think of all the ___ that will get you!" Or I say "if you take the quick survey all the log in info is on here you could win the gift card!" and I have many others.

Our SBTL uses it as a way to deflect tips from guests.
Whenever guests try to tip us, he tells them (with a smile) that we can't accept tips but doing a survey would help us a lot more.
Some will still throw some change down; others will take the survey slip, wad it up & toss it.
Despite that, we usually get pretty decent scores except for the complaints for things that are beyond our control.

I can't believe how many people tell me to keep the change.

Yep, this. They told us to stop padding our scores by asking the guests to take the survey.
My store wants to start coaching us for not asking and circling it. Then again we are desperate to be green, because we are a double group focus store. For safety and guest service scores.

Anyone else remember back in the day when surveys were only done twice a year? You had people up front for a week with surveys and pencils so you could stop guests and ask them to fill them out. I used to always be in charge of it because when I did our score went though the roof. My secret was avoid old people and use the most attractive female and male team members to focus on the guys and girls from the college that was close by. So see people have been padding those scores forever.

Today they were back-tracking the memo about not mentioning the $1500 gift card......the front end said that since our store STL tells people that then it is OK to tell guests about the $1500.

Funny how a store can change the rules because of what the STL says.

They can can actually tell who actually got guests to do surveys. I'm not sure if the report is detailed enough to show what scores each TM received, but I know it shows how many each TM received....

@tgtcpht, yes, it's details each score we received. I get lots of high scores and one neutral and that neutral wrecks my score. My favorite GSTL reads my scores to me and she always points out the positives.

Every now and then the GSTL will ask a TM to stand at the end of the lanes and use our phones to take surveys right then and there if a guest gets one printed out. I was tasked with that once. Never got one. Lol

a new thing at my store is that they keep stickers at the registers and we're supposed to stick by the survey, once you finish a sheet you write your name on the back and are entered to win something, usually a goody bag with candy.

If not prompted to do so, most people are more likely to take the survey of there is a problem. If people who found the experience to be fine, they likely won't take the survey, but if they do when prompted, then the average score goes up. That's why the stores are pushing people to take the survey.

I'd like to know the bagging ( seriously they really care about that?) Gee they didn't bag my electronic items in a orderly fashion I am going to give them all ones!! I honestly don't understand why that bagging question is even on there.....

I'd like to know the bagging ( seriously they really care about that?) Gee they didn't bag my electronic items in a orderly fashion I am going to give them all ones!! I honestly don't understand why that bagging question is even on there.....

That applies more to groceries and such. For example, keeping frozen items with frozen items, not mixing cereal with Drano, not smashing bread, etc. Also, making sure items are bagged efficiently but the bags aren't too heavy.

Bagging groceries was an art back in the day, and if you didn't do it right, you'd get ripped apart.

Bagging groceries was an art back in the day, and if you didn't do it right, you'd get ripped apart.
Oh it is still a big deal in certain areas...I could go on for days about the ridiculous bagging complaints/requests I get working at a grocery store.

I am mostly in electronics sometimes I do cashiering but I am always mindful of everything I do. Bread at top ( no mixing chemicals!!) frozens in one bag and glasses and breakables wrapped neatly now if a guest is mad they have too many plastic bags well I am sorry it's not my fault I can't read minds or if I accidentally slam the bag on the counter I am always very,very careful but there are sometimes when something is heavy like tide etc and it just slams ( Yep I put in a bag) so again if they get nitpickey over that again sorry I really reallly am careful and very attentive.

Our overall store score this past week was un-fucking-believable. 89.95. So close.

On a side note, does looking at guest comments on MyPerformance not show the dissatisfied comments anymore?? I haven't seen them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back