Archived Guests and the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest Attendant

Former Target Team Member
Don't you find it funny when people complain about Target and just stores in general that are open on holidays like thanksgiving because they seem to "care" about us being with our familes but yet they will be there once the doors open and all that "caring" goes away when they can't get that deal on that toaster.

I find it amusing that anyone complains, as much as some on here do, about voluntary employment. If it really bothers you that much (whatever "it" is), quit. Oh, you want the money they provide you, so I guess it's a mutually beneficial relationship. Nobody is 100% happy with their job, including me, but you're working retail people, 75% of jobs at Target could be completed by a marginally trained monkey... maybe not completed well, but cashiering, zoning, pulling, in-stocks, back stocking, none of these are difficult things. You'd think half of Target employees passed the bar exam, had their M.D., and were accomplished nuclear physicists.

My favorite though is people who say, "I don't get paid enough, I bring in XXX dollars to this company, but only get half that!" (or some such similar gripe) That's how it works people, why would they pay you MORE than you provide for them? It's like selling products at a loss, you only do it if you have no other option.

Don't you find it funny when people complain about Target and just stores in general that are open on holidays like thanksgiving because they seem to "care" about us being with our familes but yet they will be there once the doors open and all that "caring" goes away when they can't get that deal on that toaster.

LIKE!
I told my mom that my Thanksgiving night shift starts at 5 p.m. and so she rescheduled Thanksgiving dinner for Friday. Some of my coworkers have rescheduled theirs too. It isn't the date that's important. The important thing is the time with family and some of us have families who are able to work around work schedules when necessary.

I'm not in retail anymore so I guess I am lucky. But I will be working at black friday. I forsee it being DEAD from about.... the beginning of my shift until the end.

I find it amusing that anyone complains, as much as some on here do, about voluntary employment. If it really bothers you that much (whatever "it" is), quit. Oh, you want the money they provide you, so I guess it's a mutually beneficial relationship. Nobody is 100% happy with their job, including me, but you're working retail people, 75% of jobs at Target could be completed by a marginally trained monkey... maybe not completed well, but cashiering, zoning, pulling, in-stocks, back stocking, none of these are difficult things. You'd think half of Target employees passed the bar exam, had their M.D., and were accomplished nuclear physicists.

My favorite though is people who say, "I don't get paid enough, I bring in XXX dollars to this company, but only get half that!" (or some such similar gripe) That's how it works people, why would they pay you MORE than you provide for them? It's like selling products at a loss, you only do it if you have no other option.

Ah, naterstx, you speak like someone who has not yet experienced the bitter taste of having cards stacked so high against them that no matter how skillfully they play the game they cannot win. Carry on my good man (woman?); may it never happen to you.

The very irony of this post is cutting away my will to live. Someone get me a shot of whiskey stat.

The very irony of this post is cutting away my will to live. Someone get me a shot of whiskey stat.

I'll see your shot & raise you a chaser.
naterstx, you'd be surprised how many TMs DO have degrees. Why else would leadership start demanding TLs to have them? They know there's a glut of grads who can't find jobs in their fields so Target hopes to exploit that by pushing long-time TLs (many of whom wouldn't still be there if they weren't doing SOMETHING right) out the door & replacing them w/lower-paid grads, dangling the promise of promotion w/the assurance that their time as a TL is only "temporary".

Depends on what kind of whiskey. Are we talking something good and flavorful like Jack Daniels, or cheap crap like Canadian LTD or Black Velvet? :p

Glenfiddich 15 Years Old, Solera Reserve

That's a real whiskey.

A half bottle of va gentlemen whiskey made in 1950, an elderly friend was going to throw it away. She gave it to me.
I save that one for very special events. Real smooth.

Yrs after my grampa died, my mom found a bottle of Cutty Sark that was about 20 yrs old.
Poured it neat.....ahhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back