Archived Guests trying to price match Dicks $74 GoPro Hero5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Print ad won't tell you that they're in stock at the time the guest is trying to match.

Simmer. The reason why I'm asking is sk that we can have a reason for denying it. @Nokiddiegloves

@GoodyNN oh right. I assumed that the situation was escalating and the guest was calling the store in front of you. Alright thank you!

Can they bring in the print ad for a store that does have them in stock locally?

We take print ads technically, but I usually have to check online anyway to verify they're in stock. I rarely get print ads though.

We take print ads technically, but I usually have to check online anyway to verify they're in stock. I rarely get print ads though.

technically the in stock rule only applies to ONLINE competitors (Amazon, Walmart.com, etc)

a print ad for a local place doesn't require any verification that they actually have stock

Even if you didn't want to deny it as a not in stock online item, you could deny it as not matching clearance pricing (75% off).

Though it is a moot point now that dick's website is showing product not available now.

We had at least 20+ phone calls / people in store looking for them this morning. We pulled them from the shelf last night after the first few people were shut down and told them we were sold out.

Simmer. The reason why I'm asking is sk that we can have a reason for denying it. @Nokiddiegloves

@GoodyNN oh right. I assumed that the situation was escalating and the guest was calling the store in front of you. Alright thank you!

Per the price match policy we dont price match clearance prices, products not in stock, it does say in the policy stores have the right deny any price match based on a list of things

This is not a good price match and if you do it; pray that you dont get fired over it.
Don't you need a GSTL or ETL to punch their supervisor number in for a price match this large? I'd think that, ultimately, they'd pay some attention to why there's such a huge discount and ask questions. My GSTLs would have probably caught this before it happened and just told the TM why it couldn't happen without disciplining anybody.

Don't you need a GSTL or ETL to punch their supervisor number in for a price match this large? I'd think that, ultimately, they'd pay some attention to this.

Yep. Which is why it was denied at my store.

Someone tried it with me today. I saw it and almost did it and then ultimately denied it because she told me it was a one day thing (that and I verified it on the app and it wasn't even on there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back