Archived Guys that work in Softlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Softlines TL that is a guy, probably 30. And then we have one TM but he’s in high school and only works like one night a week. I think he just does it to hang out with all the Softlines girls...
Sounds like me! ...except for the fact I work 5-6 days a week, all 8-9 hour shifts.. 🌚

One male TM currently in soft lines. Used to have one who liked to work in Shoes but he left a long time ago.
The funny thing about the guy currently working SL is that when the DTL visited, she seemed taken aback that a guy would be working in soft lines, as if it was somehow not ok. Really? In today's culture when we don't define roles by gender, a guy shouldn't be working in apparel?

Oh, wait, I forgot--we do have a male TL in Softlines, but I work with him so rarely I tend to forget about him. So, in my year+ at the store, there have been 3 males in SL, one TL (the whole time I've been there) and two TMs.

Some guest can be touchy about that. Back when we had in-stocks scanning intimates we had a guest complaint that there were too many male employees over there. So we lost her business. *shrug*

Had a guest pull this some years ago. Price change over in softlines was really heavy and they had pulled me and a bunch of other guys from flow and hardlines to help out. There was I think four guys including myself hovering around the clearance racks near the fitting room. Had an older lady chew out the LOD that there were too many guys near the fitting room.

Two guys in my store. I was told that everyone kept referring the solflines team as "softlines girls", so everyone calls it softline team, as they should.

I hadn't noticed until today, but I am the only male in Softlines at my Target.

This got me wondering, are any of you males working Softlines? And what do the female team members think of male Softline team members?

Personally, it's not my dream job. The STL needed someone to work in Men's clothing Dept., and I was happy to oblige. That said, I love the team that works Softlines. And there's no better feeling than helping a guest and getting a good review, or having a guest tell a LOD how helpful I was.

But what do you all think?

I also work in Men’s and am the only male in SL at my store.

I use to do softlines for 2 years back when brand merch. was a thing. Me and another girl had to do vmg for all of softlines and some gobacks. It was grueling but I learned a lot.

We briefly had a guy in softlines and I was sad he left. I couldn't really answer when a woman asks exactly how high on the waist do Hanes pull up to because she's shopping for her teen son. And while many women are good at dressing men, most men feel more comfortable taking advice from someone they can relate to, which makes it easier to fill the basket.

Though it was a bit of an awkward moment when I was teaching the right way to hang stuff and we got to bras. For all I knew he was religious enough to wait for marriage and had no clue how they worked, so I didn't want to just assume he was experienced with how bras fasten.

We briefly had a guy in softlines and I was sad he left. I couldn't really answer when a woman asks exactly how high on the waist do Hanes pull up to because she's shopping for her teen son. And while many women are good at dressing men, most men feel more comfortable taking advice from someone they can relate to, which makes it easier to fill the basket.

Though it was a bit of an awkward moment when I was teaching the right way to hang stuff and we got to bras. For all I knew he was religious enough to wait for marriage and had no clue how they worked, so I didn't want to just assume he was experienced with how bras fasten.

We only have a couple males in softlines and recently got a new guy. He was at the FR doing returns and I went back to get some returns and he had hung a bra on a pants hanger with the straps twisted and put it in the swimsuit pile.

Anyone else’s entire front end team full of girls? There is soooooooooo much drama between all of us I feel like we need some testosterone to break it up lol

We have literally one guy in all of S&E and although I love him as much as the rest of my team he generates enough drama he might as well be three teenage girls. 😣 This summer might have me feeling a little “once bitten, twice shy” tho..

Anyone else’s entire front end team full of girls? There is soooooooooo much drama between all of us I feel like we need some testosterone to break it up lol

i have two male FOS attendants but other than them i'm the only guy on the service and engagement team, and i'm also the TL so i'm always breaking up cat fights

it's tiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back